Sign in to follow this  
StubbinMyToe

Thinking of buying and have a question

Don't laugh, but I actually like doing most of the pre-takeoff work myself including starting up from cold and dark and starting the engines.  What I would like to do is continue that pattern and only use FS2Crew while I am flying to do things like change my heading, altitiude, COM and NAV radios, things like that.  Is this possible, or do you have to use it for everything?

Also will it interfere with other addons such as EZDok?

Thanks!

I have no idea about EZDok, but using FS2Crew as a "voice commander" for radios and autopilot only works nicely in the extended Airbus, for example. I even can combine that with voice-controlled VoxATC for totally voice-controlled flights - acknowledge the cleared altitude on the radio and "tell" FS2Crew to dial that altitude in on the FCU. Or tell FS2Crew to execute the frequency change for the handover. Whatever ...

You can do anything you want  with fs2crew you  can start your engines your self  take off  and than let  the fo do the things you want to do etc, you need to skip to the part of flight your in in the fs2crew config control panel, it wont interfere with any other  addon  that you have

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have no idea about EZDok, but using FS2Crew as a "voice commander" for radios and autopilot only works nicely in the extended Airbus, for example. I even can combine that with voice-controlled VoxATC for totally voice-controlled flights - acknowledge the cleared altitude on the radio and "tell" FS2Crew to dial that altitude in on the FCU. Or tell FS2Crew to execute the frequency change for the handover. Whatever ...

I would be using it with the 737NGX

You can do anything you want  with fs2crew you  can start your engines your self  take off  and than let  the fo do the things you want to do etc, you need to skip to the part of flight your in in the fs2crew config control panel, it wont interfere with any other  addon  that you have

So basically I would skip to the point of takeoff, and then from there use it to assist me?   If that is the case I will probably buy it today,  I seen Froogle use it in his video and it looks cool, but I was concerned that you had to let it do the startup for you.

One more question.  With the button interface is it possible to issue those same heading, altitude, radio, etc setting changes or does that only work with voice?

Thanks

The co-pilot will do some actions for automatically during he's flows (based on real world). Things like turning on the APU and handling the landing lights.

Other than that, you are still expected (for example) to start the engines and complete the captains flows.