Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

A quick question

Sorry, because I saw the master list. However,since I just bought the FTX pacific NW pack... what small plane should I buy?

Should I go with the Duke? Should I go with...  thanks guys.  I just want a lovely aircraft that I can make use of all the beautiful scenery 

out here!

I appreciate your time!

Brian

I suppose, you'll get numerous suggestions. I use the C172RG from Alabeo for most flights. If you are more ambitious, you can buy the A2A C172, but have to allocate quite some time for preflight/maintenance in this case.

For close inspection of all the nifty features within interesting regions (say around Vancouver etc.) I'd suggest getting an Ultralight. I use the Drifter from Ant's Airplanes which is great and installs and works under Prepar3d2 now. Even better might be a chopper - if you ever manage to control it.

As an alternative, you can import the C172 and the UL from FSX, however, I prefer native Prepar3s models

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks very much.  I bought the C17 Alabeo on your suggestion.  It's a beautiful plane isn't it?

I've got a question though. I'll fire up that Alabeo and I'll get GREAT framerates.. no stutters at all. I'll even fire up the

Airbus X and get decent FPS.... if I try to take the stick of a Carenado, whether it be the ones that come with Prepar3d 

or the B200 I bought, I get an absolute slide show.  

It's strange. I had a couple Carenados when I was running with FSX, and I had a much crappier computer. I was running the 

same addons too.  ASN, FTX Global/Vectors, REX4.    Why aren't I getting significantly better performance now that I have 

a half way decent rig?

It seems ridiculous!  

If I drop down to a simple plane, I get performance like I've never seen before.... if I bump it up to a Carenado I get a slide show. What's going

on here?  lol

JughedJones, on 02 Jul 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Thanks very much.  I bought the C17 Alabeo on your suggestion.  It's a beautiful plane isn't it?

Yes, it is. In particular, I like the retractable gear feature, you just have to keep an eye on retracting it to save fuel and, even more, on extending if before landing :-)

Unfortunately, I can't commend on the Carenados. I own the Centurion for FSX, but did not yet try it in Prepar3d2 (if it's available at all -  should check). I am sure someone else can comment on this one.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11