Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

New Payware Scenery: Vaasa Airport (Finland)

Finland gets an awful lot of attention from XP developers.  Also the developers making sceneries there are making some of the best in all of XPX.

Finnish flightsimmers are probably in heaven right now.

It looks amazing but who the Hell flies to Vaasa :)

Maybe this airport gives you a reason to fly there. Even better if you already own Tampere or Malmi. Or one of the other European airports.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Maybe this airport gives you a reason to fly there. Even better if you already own Tampere or Malmi. Or one of the other European airports.

Indeed! That's why this new Vaasa scenery looks interesting:

2441uux.jpg

Should be perfect for a short cruise in Saab 340 or FlyJSim 727/737.

I'm a big fan of Truscenery's work. I can't wait for their upcoming Helsinki-Vantaa (EFHK) scenery.

As for the Vaasa scenery, i think i'm gonna wait a little until some reviews start showing up.

Regards,

Radek

Finland gets an awful lot of attention from XP developers.  Also the developers making sceneries there are making some of the best in all of XPX.

Finnish flightsimmers are probably in heaven right now.

Would be true, sadly fraction of the user base on Finnish FS forum uses xplane, most are on fsx. 8-10 years ago finnish fs addon development was blooming, there was a freeware scenery for heavy majority of the bigger airports (not that big on international scale). Since then the guys who were making those have retired from FS, due to real life stuff and the FS9 stuff was made with pretty innovative fs9 tech, which was awesome but also meant that basically none of the stuff would be able to convert to FSX. For longest time there wasn't really any new scenery for FSX, now there are a few, but not even close compared to what FS9 used to have.

Now with release of XPX the guys behind truscenery (who are finnish, ofc) saw that developing for xplane was the way to go, and we have amazing quality airports for it, but very few have simmers have converted to xplane. I believe biggest reason for that is the demographic, most simmers who frequent the forum fly tubeliners and prefer realistic weather to go with that, and both of those are lacking in xplane. I've posted some pics of my flights with jardesign A320 and such, but people got their payware helsinki for FSX and NGX, AXE and ASN so they don't have much reason to switch.. But i hope they will come around to see the beauty of xplane :)

This scenery looks very nice.  I hope the Truscenery and Beti-X start making some US hubs in the future.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.