Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

GSX Ground Services Installer crashes during installation?!?!?

I just downloaded the latest GSX ground services for FSX/P3D2,  but...even with running as Administrator, it finds my P3D on F:, starts to download/install..and then comes to a halt saying that you must enter a full path with a drive letter...and then dies out.  I have my full license for FSX and it is installed in that sim.  This is the latest dual installer from the site.  Has anybody installed GSX in P3D 2, successfully?  How can you enter a driver letter when it is an automatic installer?!??  It is weird. The installer finds my P3D installation...but dies out AS it downloads from their site..and then when it would start to put the files onto my F: drive...it can no longer find it?!?!?!?

Can anybody come up with any solution?

Bummer....

Mine installed fine in P3D 2.2 - It found my installation of P3D on another drive and installed with no issues....

Mine installed fine in P3D 2.2 - It found my installation of P3D on another drive and installed with no issues....

The installer finds my P3D on my F: drive...but three quarters through...shows an error mask...and states there should be a path, and the CTD.  All my ORBX stuff finds my P3D no problem..and no install crashes....so it can't be something do do with the registry....

"Could" be the registry - but, for me, I would re-download the software (uninstall the first one) - reboot, and try to install with the new download.  Sometimes there are "glitches" on a d/l that can cause issues.  Worth a try.

"Could" be the registry - but, for me, I would re-download the software (uninstall the first one) - reboot, and try to install with the new download.  Sometimes there are "glitches" on a d/l that can cause issues.  Worth a try.

Thanks...I did that...and even used the installer to download again to FSX. It found it...and completed the install. It balks at P3D. I wonder if the latest installer off of their site, has a compiling issue. I'll check it out further...next...Accu-Feel :)

Virtuali is very helpful. I would post on the fs dream team with your question.

I shall...thanks!   I got ACCU-FEEL up and running, so that's one down..one to go, lol!

Mitch

You should ALWAYS post on our forum about any problems with any of our products. In any case, it's SURELY a problem with your P3D registry keys, that's the only thing the installer looks for to know where your sim is installed into.

If you use the P3D Migration Tool, it must be disabled when running a proper P3D installer. And, of course, be sure your registry key for P3D is correct and points to the folder the sim is installed into.

Also, you should NEVER, ever, install the sim directly in the root of any drive, such as F:\ Installing into F:\Prepar3d it's ok, but don't install in the root (FSX.exe or Prepar3d.exe at the root level), you'll have all sort of permission issues and it will be a huge security hole too, especially if the drive is the same you are booting Windows from.

You should ALWAYS post on our forum about any problems with any of our products. In any case, it's SURELY a problem with your P3D registry keys, that's the only thing the installer looks for to know where your sim is installed into.

If you use the P3D Migration Tool, it must be disabled when running a proper P3D installer. And, of course, be sure your registry key for P3D is correct and points to the folder the sim is installed into.

Also, you should NEVER, ever, install the sim directly in the root of any drive, such as F:\ Installing into F:\Prepar3d it's ok, but don't install in the root (FSX.exe or Prepar3d.exe at the root level), you'll have all sort of permission issues and it will be a huge security hole too, especially if the drive is the same you are booting Windows from.

Thank you for your response!  I can't imagine what could be wrong, but as you say, I have my P3D, on its own hard drive, at the root level, but is NOT my system drive to boot Windows.  I see if i can move everything into a folder..and hope that that works. I really enjoy your program in FSX and use it all the time.  Thanks again for posting... BTW, funny that the installer FINDS P3D v2.x on root F:, but as I say, does not complete the install....

Mitch

You were right...the install went just fine, as soon as I put the whole shebang into a folder, and off of the root of the hard drive. That was what was needed. Again, thanks for your help, Virtuali!