Sign in to follow this  
jorgeilnoda

cockpit

From the product page: This product uses a full virtual cockpit and does not include 2D panels. (Some pop-up functions avail.)

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

regular cockpit views
One could argue that the old system of 2D panels is actually inaccurate, and the 3D cockpit is the "regular" cockpit.

hi Jorgeilnoda

might I ask what exactly you don't like about the 777 vc?

because the reality is what ever you don't like about it you also don't like about the real thing because its basically an accurate representation of the real plane. So im not really sure why you would like to substitute something that's extremely accurate for something outdated that extremely inaccurate(2d panel) in terms of realism  because no such thing exists in a real 777 and bearing in mind that this simulation and company prides its self and has a reputation for making  products as accurate and true to life as possible within the limits of fsx, then it would make sense to say that by choosing to buy such a product the customer is also seeking that level of realism otherwise there is little point choosing pmdg because that's what your paying for. If you want immersion and realism then 3d vc is the only way forward, anything less is a step back and a step down in terms if realism and surely that's missing the point?

Go and sit in a real 777 and you will see that the 3d view is the regular view and the only view a real pilot will ever see hence in a realistic sim the a 3d view should also be the regular view.

I say that all most respectfully,

tks

kav