Sign in to follow this  
george3098

i just brought the 777 and when i go to download it the file says 778mb when it gets to around 60 it then stops the download and opens winwar when i try and install the software it says that something is broken. Can Someone help please because i just spent $89.99 on something that dont work

George,

If I recall my installation correctly, I didn't have this issue.   I shouldn't use rar during the download phase!   Anyone else know something about this?

Regards

I used IE 10, unzipped with WinZip, right clicked on the installer, and ran as administrator. Besides the message about being broken did you see anything out of the ordinary during the download of the 60 MB?

As I said in your other thread about this (why start two in two places?) it looks like the browser is trying to open the file, not download it. Winzip or winRAR should not have opened as the download began. The message you got simply means the download isn't complete.

Right click on the PMDG download link and choose "save link as". When download is complete you can then double click to open it with winzip or winRAR.

ki9cAAb.jpg

working had to run as admin

Always.  You should always be doing this.

And you're welcome.

Also, posting this in multiple spots in hopes that it'll get more exposure is a bad idea.  People will jump into the different threads and it'll be like trying to manage multiple conversations at once.  Additionally, it just clutters up the forum, and nobody will know which one they should be posting in.  If one of them has no replies, people might start replying even when the issue is solved over in one of the others.

Please don't do it again.

Kyle Rodgers