Sign in to follow this  
soundrats

"FSX Fiber Accelerator" a new magic tool for FSX

Hey BD, it's good to see a Developer on here answering questions, so thank you for that. Without wishing to flog a dead horse what is the rationale behind the restrictive short time demo and what would there be to loose from a longer Demo?

I'm sure you are confident in your programme and I'm sure you understand that many people will be wary of anyone/anything that appears to be able to resolve the issues that many of us have suffered from for many years. 

Can you possibly enlighten us as to why the demo is so restrictive?

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

@Cai, it can but not really advised.

Setting unlimited frames is bad thing and should only be done if all else fails. If i.e. during running the application you cannot get even the lower frame set, and the scenery power is at 0%, then we kick-in the unlimited frames as a desperate measure.. But you should have a fixed upper limit normally...

Tried the demo, cannot start the program due to error.

Description
Stopped working
Faulting Application Path: C:\Users\Zicheng Cai\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.849\FSX Fiber Accelerator Demo.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: fsx fiber accelerator demo.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 53b28c92
Problem Signature 04: FSX Fiber Accelerator
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 53b28c92
Problem Signature 07: 12
Problem Signature 08: 116
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Zicheng Cai

Just make it at least 30 minutes, maximum runs  7 times. Then people will have ability to test program and will not take advantage of their free time.

I know about views seen from both paying westerners, and pirating from my country. The middle in between is best option.

I have not tested your tool, but if you really want to make an impression, let it run at least for half an hour so that the real benchmarks could be made.

I would give this a trial for a whole flight but not keep starting it for 5 min trial. I keep reading on this forum by the developer that it is this wonderful add-on, then why not give people a longer trial to test it. FSX is a program that changes over the course of a flight as it adds textures over time. The scenario depends on a lot of different calculations. You want people to pay 30 euros for a product that is supposed to be a wonder program for FSX, then let people have longer to test it instead of being curt with people.

I have tweak my system to an acceptable level with various free tools instead of buying a 'booster'. I don't mind trying something new but I am not going to take people's word for it. No offence simmers, but everybody's system is different. 

This is a fascinating lesson in marketing. If there had been no demo period people would be asking questions about the program, but now the demo period has mostly obscured the program itself.

- Bill Magann

This is a fascinating lesson in marketing. If there had been no demo period people would be asking questions about the program, but now the demo period has mostly obscured the program itself.

Quite with the potential fanbase on here surely you would want to get as many people as possible talking about the good things and not the bad.

As BD used the Windows 95 analogy to highlight that a company can make good as well as bad software......I'll add my twopenneth and say they also give a 30 day trial period.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

How many companies here do that?

What a crazy feeding frenzy on the demo period.

- Bill Magann

For me is not the limitation of demo period the biggest problem, but the way it was handled in this forum. 

Its look like: "5x5min is good for me, so deal with it"

I don't think it's crazy or a feeding frenzy "try before you buy" isn't an unreasonable request the developer has offered a trial period but the consensus is that it is too short to offer an informed opinion.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

The Oldar - You are talking about a program that is said to change FSX itself, not a add-on that just runs along side FSX. The developer has made a statement that this improves FSX not just add something extra so people want to be able to give it a good test before they buy.

Would you buy a car if the said that you could turn the key and run the engine for 5 mins, but you could not do a proper test drive.

If people want to buy then they can do, however the fact that the developer is not willing to allow people to test the product in a real world situation, as in a full flight, makes you wonder about the legitimacy of it's claims. Even if you run it for the full 25 mins (with it going off and on), will not complete a full flight.

It is OK with companies like PMDG, Aerosoft and others who have a proven track record. A company that makes 'booster' that have a bad reputation in the first place needs to allow people to test. It is all very nice allowing for this test, however I think it has proved that most people who, after all are hardcore simmers, agree that the time is too short for a full test.

I thought that folks were being a little harsh on the 5 minute limit for the demo (there are only 5 demo tries available at 5 minutes each).   That was until I just loaded it and tried it.   I blew through the first 3 demos before I could even figure out what was going on with the program and I saw zero frame rate impact regardless of where I placed the slider.   It might be good and might work if I could play with it longer, but the 5 minute demo limit is wayyy too short to get any idea if this program is worth it.  Download it and you will see.   Just don't blink or your demo time will be up . . .

The 5x5 time limit didn't work out so well.  Heck I have farts that last nearly as long as that.  I think I'll keep my $40 in the bank for the 300ER

Chris Sunseri

The Oldar - You are talking about a program that is said to change FSX itself, not a add-on that just runs along side FSX. The developer has made a statement that this improves FSX not just add something extra so people want to be able to give it a good test before they buy.

Would you buy a car if the said that you could turn the key and run the engine for 5 mins, but you could not do a proper test drive.

If people want to buy then they can do, however the fact that the developer is not willing to allow people to test the product in a real world situation, as in a full flight, makes you wonder about the legitimacy of it's claims. Even if you run it for the full 25 mins (with it going off and on), will not complete a full flight.

It is OK with companies like PMDG, Aerosoft and others who have a proven track record. A company that makes 'booster' that have a bad reputation in the first place needs to allow people to test. It is all very nice allowing for this test, however I think it has proved that most people who, after all are hardcore simmers, agree that the time is too short for a full test.

But did those companies offer the kind of two week demo some are requesting in the past? Of course not.

In any case I agree that the demo period is too short, but it is what it is. That is what the company decided to offer. I was just sad to see that a guy who was actually here, live and in color, to answer questions was instead hammered on a secondary issue. If I were him i would think twice before I ever offered to answer questions in real time again.

- Bill Magann

The demo requests are a bit odd, I don't see anybody asking about it for airport or airline addons (Imagine asking PMDG for a demo of the 777 ).  I know some airport designers do it with runways X'd out.  But many utilities do not, such as Steve's DX10 Fixer, etc.  I think 5 minutes times 5 times that can be run consecutively is good enough when combined with reviews from customers that will start to filter in during the coming days.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I am glad there was a demo.   I blew through all 5 demo times (for 2 of which the lower framerate slider would not move at all) and still have no idea if this program works or not.   I am leaning towards "not" right now and not willing to gamble $40 to find out . . .