Sign in to follow this  
yardenbe

PMDG NGX very strange behaviour on departure

Hi guys,

Maybe someone knows this problem:

First of all, I own the 737-800/900 NGX with the latest service pack running, and I'm mostly using the 737-800WL version. 

My problem is as follows:

1) After pushback and startup the throttles themselves don't respond whatsoever and I receive this error advisory which cant be located. This problem is solved only after entering slew mode, raising up and aircraft a few feet, releasing it from slew for a fraction of a second and return back to place.

2) The next problem is occuring upon takeoff: Everything works fine till the rotation moment. from there and on the aicrcraft stuggles to gain speed and works on a VERY low angle of attack, even -5 degrees while climbing. The major issue is, while tying to take manual control or controlling the climb via vertical speed intervention the speed slows down dramatically up to buffet alerts and even stalls- that's when the angle of attack is very low.

I thought it might be 2 problems:
1) incorrect weight distribution and CG problems
2) Some conlifct with my weather engine (ASN)

regarding these potential problems I've managed to eliminate them all, as everything was OK with the weight and balance, and I've also tried changing my payload while airborne to check the problem with no change- even when I've set everything on 0. Same with the weather engine- Even when it was switched off it didnt make any difference.

Another thing is that I've encountered is that the problem is occuring only in some specific aicraft inside (another painting) while some are working OK for some odd reason.

Yet another thing is I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the 737NGX from scratch with same results.

In order to illustrate the problem better I'm adding here up a link for my flight broadcast in order that those of you who might know the problem will be able to understand it better:
http://www.twitch.tv/yardenbe/b/543805749

Problem timelapse:
34:00 - Throttle problem on startup
41:00- Departure
45:00- Aircract cant gain speed, negative angle of attack on FD
49:00- Receiving buffet alerts due to problem
54:00- Changing payload to 0 with same results

Thanks for all the helpers in advance!

The throttle problem i get very rarely too. The engines sound like they're starting up, but then the sound goes away, and yet the indications still point to a normal start. I have no idea what causes it, cause it happens really rarely for me, but it does seem to be related to changing to an outside view while the engines start. I seem to recall doing that last time i got that problem, like you did in the video.

Cristi Neagu

2) The next problem is occuring upon takeoff: Everything works fine till the rotation moment. from there and on the aicrcraft stuggles to gain speed and works on a VERY low angle of attack, even -5 degrees while climbing. The major issue is, while tying to take manual control or controlling the climb via vertical speed intervention the speed slows down dramatically up to buffet alerts and even stalls- that's when the angle of attack is very low.

Are you using FSUIPC to calibrate/set up a flaps axis?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I am. but the thing is even if I use the keyboard commands for the throttles they dont work, Only after slewing and releasing the a/c

If you are using FSUIPC for all the Axis`s..you must delete all the FSX Axis`s as there will be a conflict between them...Just a thought............

Hi guys, seems that the problem keeps going on the 737. Let me just mention that 777 flights are performing perfectly for me.

I am currently trying to perform a flight from LLBG-LTBA on a 737 (recording on twitch with no success). Here is the twitch recording: http://www.twitch.tv/yardenbe/b/545720480