Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

I received this in my email today from FSPS:

FSPS Announces
FSX Fiber Accelerator

Dear Simmers,
FSX is alive. Like never before: FSX is back ! How?

Because FSPS just re-invented FSX graphics engine, because we forced FSX to think about what user needs. For the first time a revolutionary technique is used to tweak FSX directly while you are flying ! We proudly present you – after months of development and fine-tuning, FSX Fiber Accelerator!

You just set an upper (in FSX) and a lower (in FSX Fiber Accelerator) , frame limits, and you are done. Everything is done by the application which just need to run along FSX while you fly.

Updating all possible FSX tweaks every millisecond, FSX Fiber Accelerator , bring you the ultimate graphics experience in FSX. High frames on the airport, perfect quality on texture loading and smoothness during flying. From the creators of FSX Booster you would expect nothing less.

To hard to believe ? There is a try-before-you-buy demo version available (5 uses, for 5 minutes each) to test it around the hardest ("frame-killer") airport you own and which you know well. Get the demo here. Please take a look in the included manual for detailed instructions.

etc.....

Sounds like too good to be true? They also say that it is fully compatible with any custom fsx.cfg and there is a 5 day trial.

I never even read about their fps boosters when I came across some of the discussions, I knew what it was...  But this rather loud announcement caught my eye.

Did anybody bother to try it? Please let us ('haters' lol) know here.

Thanks,

Dirk.

It's something that you install, and then you do a little yoga and meditation. 

Bob

I love their little bit about "rewriting the FSX graphics engine." That's not at all what this tool is doing (you can't rewrite anything that is compiled into the game), but hopefully it does something amazing. Time to try it out!

Brandon Filer

Curious to hear back about this also.

+1

Its funny how we get the email but its forum says nothing about it. There is just a pinned post today saying to stay tuned for "something great." I like some of there products such as simphysics, but I hope this one is good. The demo is rather short though.

I don't think I really want to try something that plays around with my settings that I have spent ages setting, and 5 try's at 5 mins each. I would more like to try out when flying the PMDG777 and a 15 hour flight, then see how it affects my through all phases of the flight and with the OOMS. I can get good frame rates and it looking good at my departure airport, it's whether you can fly and land with that quality and frame rate that makes the difference.

Sounds like these free PC scanners that tell you that you have hundreds of registry problems, but if you buy there product then it will fix them all.

Sorry if I seem sceptical, but I wonder about these "It can fix it, all you have to do is pay" programs.

I love their little bit about "rewriting the FSX graphics engine." That's not at all what this tool is doing (you can't rewrite anything that is compiled into the game), ....

That is not entirely accurate. If you know what you are doing, everything is possible.

I don't think I really want to try something that plays around with my settings that I have spent ages setting, and 5 try's at 5 mins each. I would more like to try out when flying the PMDG777 and a 15 hour flight, then see how it affects my through all phases of the flight and with the OOMS....

Sorry if I seem sceptical, but I wonder about these "It can fix it, all you have to do is pay" programs.

a) First we don't play with your settings. We directly communicate with FSX with a new method.

b ) The demo is fully functional to check what happens in the worst case scenario. (That is at the worst frame-killer airport you ve got.) If you like it there it is just sure you will like it anywhere...

c) "It can fix it, all you have to do is pay" IS NOT WHAT WE DO... We say: "It can fix it, all you have to do is freely try it with the demo, and IF YOU LIKE IT buy it ."

Our regards,

FSPS

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Just tried the demo.

It actually works. I have an old Core 2 CPU and can barely fly with the PMDG addons. Actually what it does is it seems to lower settings for the terrain, removing trees et.c. to keep up the framerate, allowing less cpu horsepower to be allocated to the terrain rendering. For me this is pretty sweet, as it keeps up my fps when landing. I'm not sure if I'll buy it because it's pretty expensive, but I'd say it works.

What I like about it is the dynamic adjustment, meaning it allows for better scenery when the cpu has time to do it. It's a bit like, Aviate, navigate, communicate. It tells fsx to draw whatever it likes, unless the fps goes under a certain level, and then remove unnecessary things to keep the fps at a flyable level.

I have two questions:

1.Where is an official forum for support in case of buying

2. When the graphics are set to lower stage to have better fps.. if we safe that area and go to a better fps one, the graphics will go up again.. or will remain low?

Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Too funny, I actually suggested this idea to LM (about a month or so ago, better keep that email) to incorporate dynamic settings in order to maintain a set fps in P3DV2.x ... and now someone has done that for FSX.  Can we expect to see a P3D V2.x version?

Hey but wait a minute ... everyone keeps telling me FSX is butter smooth, great fps, and doesn't need any performance improvement because it's "perfect" ;)

Cheers, Rob.

I have two questions:

1.Where is an official forum for support in case of buying

2. When the graphics are set to lower stage to have better fps.. if we safe that area and go to a better fps one, the graphics will go up again.. or will remain low?

Thanks!

Hi,

1.we have a ticket based support system at : http://support.thefsps.com , and a secondary forum - but not checked all the time - at simflight.

2. The application gives changes what you see every millisecond according to "what is left" in power terms on your system. Gradually of course... Nothing remains low (or high)

Too funny, I actually suggested this idea to LM (about a month or so ago, better keep that email) to incorporate dynamic settings in order to maintain a set fps in P3DV2.x ... and now someone has done that for FSX.  Can we expect to see a P3D V2.x version?

Hey but wait a minute ... everyone keeps telling me FSX is butter smooth, great fps, and doesn't need any performance improvement because it's "perfect" ;)

Cheers, Rob.

We have to wait about things get settle at P3D first. No reason to release something that might stop work in 2.3...

It was not an easy path anyway. Even finding HOW to do it was more than a year of work... 

and...

Nothing was perfect . fsx.cfg is static, and cannot cover the thousand different views , airports , weather you may came across in a single FSX session. 

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Senior Developer
2vhslld.jpg

1- Is is DX10 compatible?

2- Is it compatible with complex aircraft such as the Majestic Q400 that are externally controlled?

3- What's the effect on VAS?

sig01.png

Hi,

it is compatible with FSX SP2 and Accelerator pack and all tweaked or not fsx.cfg s . That's all.

We are touching FSX itself, not planes, addons, other things. It is compatible to everything.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Senior Developer
2vhslld.jpg

We have to wait about things get settle at P3D first. No reason to release something that might stop work in 2.3...

So long as LM continue development of P3D things are always going to change, fortunately only every quarter or so ... how else is one to progress a flight simulation platform if it never changes?  

I don't want another 7 years of static product - hence my involvement in P3D V2.x.  Part of the development challenge is to keep up with changes.  As a developer (not for flight simulation) I know my targets are always changing, as is my base technology and tools, especially web development.  I just have to learn and adapt and try to build an code infrastructure that can easily to adapt to change -- the only constant I have is change.

Anyway, I think this dynamic setting idea is great -- I'll keep an eye on this.

Cheers, Rob.