Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Like many, I was/am skeptical at first ... especially after owning FSX Accel. and getting very mixed results.  However, after seeing the screenshots I was VERY skeptical ... why does it show an example with the highest minimum frame rate requiring the least CPU, graphics, etc.??  And the remainder of images seem to follow no logic either.  Or am I just not interpreting (or understanding)  those images correctly?

Finally, even if it does work (which would be great), the price is just too steep for me right now.  Hopefully they will have a new release sale or something in the near future.

1- Is is DX10 compatible?

2- Is it compatible with complex aircraft such as the Majestic Q400 that are externally controlled?

3- What's the effect on VAS?

I tried in dx10 fixer.. and worked good. The plane was the pmdg ngx... complex enough? I believe yes.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Sorry all but where the heck do you get the demo?  If I missed it I apologize.

Bob

Where do we get the free demo? Would like to test it with PMDGs 737NGX at JFK using DDs NY Airports X plus DDs NY City X T/O rwy 31L. If it can make this operating smooth ( I don't expect much more than 15fps) I'm in the boat.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks, got it.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Anyone else having trouble installing the demo? 

I'm running Win7 and can't get it to work.

You just need :

FSX SP2 or Acceleration Pack

FSUIPC

and

Microsoft .net 3.5 SP1 (Exactly that, not 3 not 4)

If you have these, then maybe a too high UAC issue... ?

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

You just need :

Microsoft .net 3.5 SP1 (Exactly that, not 3 not 4)

I've got 4.5.1. Oh well, If the reports are good, I might do what's necessary to give it a try. 

If I remember wel there was a program for Fs2002 which also communicated with Fs to keep good fps..

Good to see there is something like it for FSX and surely with todays technics.

One question for BD-FSPS :

Up to now I used XtremeFSX pc.. It is working great on my pc. There are some features in it that I like very much like , usage of cores , dll and exe file management..

What is you advice as I will buy FSX Fiber Accelerator for sure ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

If I understood correctly, the demo does not install in windows. One has simply to run the .exe. Is that right. On my side it seems to work like that.

On my first try I set my target fps to 30 and in FSPS I set it to 15. Location is JFK 31L (DDs airports & scenery is active). With my default settings (which are anyway to high in this area) I had about 10 fps. As soon as I started FSPS my fps increased to 15, as it should. After T/O half way to Manhattan things went a little worse. Blurries and some stutters. Then FSPS closed (end of demo time). Then OOM.

So I can't say much at this point. But for sure a demo time of of three or may be five minutes is much too less. I also needed one trial (out of five) to see how the program works.

BD, please increase the demo time at least to 10 or better 15 minutes. You should also allow more demo runs than only five. With the current restrictions it is not possible to evaluate the product imo.

Harry

- Harry 

+1 to the idea of at least a 15 minute trial period. With most complex aircraft that one would wish to test, it takes longer than 5 minutes just to get the bloody thing started, much less flying... :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

One question for BD-FSPS :

Up to now I used XtremeFSX pc.. It is working great on my pc. There are some features in it that I like very much like , usage of cores , dll and exe file management..

What is you advice as I will buy FSX Fiber Accelerator for sure ?

No advice, FSX F.A. is compatible with anything. It will give you an even better experience. Just try the demo first :)

-------

@Harry and Bill , we considered it and still do. But it is actually 5 x 5 = 25 minutes. When 1st demo session dies, FSX continues to run, you just run another time etc etc... 25 minutes is enough time, for me who I look the tiniest detail during debugging all these months, I am sure it will be enough for you.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Can it modulate settings to keep VAS in check and avoid OOM's? Like reducing LOD or scenery complexity to reduce virtual size or keep it from hitting the 4GB limit. Not sure it can be done at all since FSX does a pretty bad job at freeing up memory but thought I would ask