Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

After reading all this.

Can someone please just simply try it and post their results.  I think I read one post that someone had seen some performance improvement but then had some issues.

Just keep it simple.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

After reading all this.

Can someone please just simply try it and post their results.  I think I read one post that someone had seen some performance improvement but then had some issues.

Just keep it simple.

+1

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Once again my old age must be getting the better of me.

I went to the product page.  I can't find where I download the demo, only can buy the product.

Where exactly can I get the demo to try it?  Please.

Near CAM3

Read the product page and where they are talking about the demo you will see Here.

Click on it and you will be able to download the demo.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks fly_edds and Gerard.....funny I read it and never occurred to me that you should mouse over the word. HERE.

Perhaps they could COLOUR the word, mine shows black and white like the rest of the text.

Near CAM3

Little demo test : Orbx England - Ezdock camera - Aérosoft Heathrow - Carenado cessna 182T (glass cockpit)

Contact Atc + Taxi + Take Off + little turn ! (8 minutes)

FSX setting : 30 Fps - Fiber acc setting : 22 Fps

Fraps FPS :

No Fiber accelerator : Average 18.2Fps - Min 9Fps - Max 27Fps

Fiber accelerator on : Average 21.2Fps - Min 14Fps - Max 30Fps ==> Feel more smooth for me !

Will try again tomorrow in other locations...

Phil

I bought it today (PC Aviator $32) and am quite pleased. Seems to do what it claims. On my poor system (intel i3-2100 @3.10  GHZ I got much better fps at my worst airport which is Latin VFR KMIA using NGX and ASN weather and AI on 20%. Tried it at DT JFK Flightbeam KSFO with good results. Where I was getting single digits I am now getting twenty on final and roll out. In fact it kind of screwed up my technice as i am not used to coming in so smoothly. Seems a good investment for me.

Vic green

Everything checks out good with the utility. Still cant get it to run.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Well Jim, it is a system problem. This error will also show up if you did not right click and run it as an Administrator and/or your UAC is not disabled or your anti-virus program will not allow you to run it.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Please drop a line at http://support.thefsps.com to troubleshoot further. It surely looks , as Mr. Young writes, a .net problem. We will find a solution together.

.... We are sure, users - as always - will showcase their performance change.  There are artists on this field out there that will do it better than us...

About the videos... What did I told you? The first one popped in YT. LINK HERE

In fact it kind of screwed up my technice as i am not used to coming in so smoothly. Seems a good investment for me.

Really sorry about that  :lol:

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Hi,

What version of .net FW do you have? And did you have to revert to 3.5SP1 or is that the version you had in the first place?

I have found plenty of links telling how to go backward but I don't have the time to do so presently. I would like to see some reports from those who had to revert to 3.5SP1 before I try it. I'm not really chicken but I don't want to do it until I have plenty of time if it's a hassle.

Just another note FSPS is always updating there products from what I have seen in products I have purchased from them which is a good thing - now get P3D version please - thank you - over & out.

Rich Sennett

Kudos to the FSPS developer for listening, and extending the demo. Because of your change of heart, I purchased a couple of your products. Well done.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi guys,

tried the demo yesterday on my rather ordinary 17 inch notebook (Intel Core i7-3630 CPU, 2.4 GHz) using a PMDG 737 at Brisbane (YBBN) airport from ORBX, where I usually get one of my lowest frame rates between 4.5 and 11 and running Active Sky in the background among other programs. Where I usually tend to get a stuttering performance, the frame rate has picked up between 4 and 10 more frames/sec and even while the demo version of this FSX Fiber Accelerator run out of time while still flying 9000 feet above the Brisbane area I was impressed by the improvement so far. For further testing I think I am willing to give it a go and purchase this product. So at this point I'd like to recommend this product.