Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Well, after trying it out, I like this program a lot and bought it. I have chosen 24/24 for fixed/FA settings and get the best all around results on my system.

I appreciate the program already. For one thing, it seems to have given me the ability to fly in the KJFK area where I don't usually bother to fly due to the slide show it is. Now I can get around 15 with JFK in view, and 20+ in the general area. So thanks for that FSPS! My results around KLAX are about the same - choppy when KLAX is in view but my high traffic setting is the culprit there I already know. Oh, and KMIA? Smooth! No graphics slider changes were done here, I like what I've been seeing so no reason to try lowering the bar just to prove a program works.

I learned that a hardware fps limit is indeed present, seems I can stay away from it by not being so hoggish with the upper limit within FSX. I noticed it cannot seem to keep up as well if I set, for instance, 30/24 or 30/30. I rarely see "UNLIMITED" at 24/24.

[DoingWithoutNewPCAsLongAsPoss]

NewLeashOnFSXLife=1

The only negative I've seen when using this program is that even though no changes to the config file are made by the program, FSX does write to it if you close FSX while it is in "UNLIMITED" mode at the time. So I will try to get used to exiting FA first, then FSX. I have tested this a little, the UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=24 stayed.

It seems that the best results come from limiting frames in FsX to a value that you can't normally achieve very often and then Fiber Acc' will dynamically alter cfg entries to suit the loading. Now as I understand it, the vsync tearing fix is only achieved when frames are limited to half the refresh rate, which in my case is 30 because my monitor refresh is at 60Hz. So if I start changing my limit in FsX then I will see tearing as the NVI setting will not be valid. Can anyone confirm this?

From the responses so far it appears some people are getting good results and others very marginal ones. I don't feel that I yet understand what the product is supposed to be doing sufficiently enough to be able to evaluate a demo properly sorry!

Read the description page again and then again until you understand it.

By the way, why do you bother, if you do not even try the demo?  If you try the demo , see and feel no difference, well, this masterpiece of software is just not for you.

Just try the demo and follow the directions therein. It will show you how well it works for your system.

And as for all the questions about "how", I have no idea for example how Aerosoft Thessaloniki scenery runs so smoothly with all those buildings, but the fact that I don't know how they do it doesn't keep me from using it! 

- Bill Magann

So do you have a full understanding of every piece of FSX software you have running on your system?

A "full" understanding, down to decompiling, reverse engineering, and programmer-level detail?  Nope, of course not, which I'm sure you inferred already.  A reasonable, mid-level understanding of FSX, Windows, and computer architecture...their settings, effects, and interactions?  You bet, Jim.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I tried it out with Aerosofts EHAM where I rarely get more than 18 FPS (AI 50%, lots of WOAI packages installed)

With FA I manage to scratch 25 most of the time. No stutters, etc. Only when I´m rapidly cycling through my EzDok views the sim takes a second or so to settle again. Impressive.

By the way, I´m running a 2500k overclocked to 4,5 with a GTX 560ti...

LABOX4.jpg

If they told you precisely what they were manipulating they would be giving away their secret and that could lead to other developers taking advantage and potentially costing them money. Would you expect Coca-Cola to give away their secrets before you agreed to buy the drink?

Surly that's true with the "how" they are manipulating, I disagree with that statement for the "what" they are manipulating (especially if it's "beyond the sliders" that has been mentioned).

I tried it out with Aerosofts EHAM where I rarely get more than 18 FPS (AI 50%, lots of WOAI packages installed)

With FA I manage to scratch 25 most of the time. No stutters, etc. Only when I´m rapidly cycling through my EzDok views the sim takes a second or so to settle again. Impressive.

By the way, I´m running a 2500k overclocked to 4,5 with a GTX 560ti...

Just Set the frames and let the software do the rest

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Despite I want to reply to everyone I will stop doing so. Some PM's are getting out of control, and I am too old to fight young minds, especially the way THEY want... If I drop my manors to stupidity levels, they will win as some excel on that...

So I ll repost if something serious rises , keep reading naturally...

There is a saying in my mother language...

"You may don't believe that I do whatever I claim I'm doing, but you have no right stopping me ACTUALLY DO what I claim" . 

Translate it to whatever you like.

So non-believers .. Try the demo...

Believers ... Long Live and Prosper & see you on the other side  ^_^

8b8755ede4e927f071dd02bdf3b39cda.png

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I also tried the demo and seen an obvious and definite improvement in my FPS.

I went ahead to Simmarket, and purchased the software.  I'm very excited about trying it out on some other difficult airports.  I always have a problem at KSAN and some other airports on the west coast, so that's where I'll be going with it.

I may be dreaming, but I actually believe it may be even helping memory management  with FSX also, because usually I'll have an OOM taking off from KSBA, but this time my memory stayed around 3.2 gigs and went down from there, instead of up.

Read the description page again and then again until you understand it.

By the way, why do you bother, if you do not even try the demo? If you try the demo , see and feel no difference, well, this masterpiece of software is just not for you.

Thanks for the rather condescending post. You clearly fail to appreciate it is the content of the description page that is lacking, not my ability to comprehend the English in which it is allegedly written.

The crux of my concern is this. The product description for FsxBooster is as follows:

FSPS – FSX Booster Version 4

• Ultimate smoothness.

• Extra Frames from 30% and more

• Free updates for ever

• PC information’s for tweak calculation

• Blurries Elimination

• High Definition Textures

• Extra Lod Radius

• Fibers speed increase

• Vertical screen synchronization

• Shaders rebuild

• Shaders version 3

• Multiple GPU’s

• Hyper Threads CPU’s compatibility

• Red messages control

• Supports external limiter

• Backup of original fsx.cfg file

The more accurate description would be: edits a txt file that you can do yourself with minimal research. I'm sure that even you can grasp that is rather less of a persuasive sales pitch!

So, how exactly am I to trust the (limited) description of this product? I can't, therefore I'd like a little more info on what it actually does please.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I also tried the demo and seen an obvious and definite improvement in my FPS.

I went ahead to Simmarket, and purchased the software.  I'm very excited about trying it out on some other difficult airports.  I always have a problem at KSAN and some other airports on the west coast, so that's where I'll be going with it.

I may be dreaming, but I actually believe it may be even helping memory management  with FSX also, because usually I'll have an OOM taking off from KSBA, but this time my memory stayed around 3.2 gigs and went down from there, instead of up.

Any chance you use FSXMark11 for benchmarking?

Any chance you use FSXMark11 for benchmarking?

Hello. No I haven't.  I'm using "Process Explorer".

Thanks for the rather condescending post. You clearly fail to appreciate it is the content of the description page that is lacking, not my ability to comprehend the English in which it is allegedly written.

The crux of my concern is this. The product description for FsxBooster is as follows:

• Ultimate smoothness.

• Free updates for ever

• Blurries Elimination

• Extra Lod Radius

• Fibers speed increase

• Shaders rebuild

• Shaders version 3

• Multiple GPU’s

• Red messages control

The more accurate description would be: edits a txt file that you can do yourself with minimal research. I'm sure that even you can grasp that is rather less of a persuasive sales pitch!

So, how exactly am I to trust the (limited) description of this product? I can't, therefore I'd like a little more info on what it actually does please.

Try the demo is free is all I can say, if you don't "trust" the product then don't try it. Simple. Questions like that probably best put to the developer

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

• Ultimate smoothness.

• Free updates for ever

• Blurries Elimination

• Extra Lod Radius

• Fibers speed increase

• Shaders rebuild

• Shaders version 3

• Multiple GPU’s

• Red messages control

http://support.thefsps.com/

or

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/128-fsps-support-forum/