Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Dear friends interested in Fiber Accelerator,

BD Excellent, excellent. Testing.
Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote. PLEASE, do not quote the entire post when replying!

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Do I have to un-install version 1.1 before installing 1.2?

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Do I have to un-install version 1.1 before installing 1.2?

Michael

Just launch  your v1.1, click on the update button, it will automatically pull down v1.2.  Save it somewhere.

Launch the new version .*.exe and reinstall in the same location as the original v1.1 and your done.

Seems like an appropriate point to create a new thread as I have a question to ask.

I agree, thanks for starting a new thread on v1.2.  I'm already subscribed.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

DEMO VERSION 1.2 : DIRECT LINK (Users that had lost the ability to use it due to counter reached, can now re-try the demo with the new features)

Thank you FSPS. Despite no significant pro's or con's after trying v1.1, I remain optimistic regarding your product and look forward to testing 1.2. Thanks for the second opportunity, and good luck with the product.

Dear friends interested in Fiber Accelerator,

[...]

Where do you get the update?  I don't see any links on the product page.  (Please disregard.  I found it in the upload.  I missed the small print.)

I tried FSX with the update, but my frame rates are still horrible.  I think FSPS Fiber Accelerator only will work for those with minor frame rate issues.  I saw some Youtube videos of those using FSPS and when they show their "before and after" frame rates with Fiber Accelerator,  I don't even see any frame rate issues with the "before" using Fiber Accelerator and "after". I guess it is mainly for those with minor frame rate issues and not sever frame rate issues like I am experiencing. 

Edited by FloG
Removed excessive quote. Please do not quote the whole post when replying

Cray Foley

No need  just click the check for updates  on your config panel and it will direct you to the download page,  if users would check whats is available in the fa config panel you be surprised what else is  there that could be available to use. :rolleyes:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I didn't read all the posts but if you follow the demo instructions instead of all

this whining and crying you would get a hour of demo once the aircraft is in the air.

So if you can add that’s 5hr of demo.

The price is to high for the FPS benefit I experienced.

I'm just going to buy it. $40usd is cheap even for a couple of FPS and it will surely milk more than that out of my core2 quad 3.0ghz. Besides, I like the idea of supporting these guys that have spent tireless hours coming up with very very specialized, complex software to help our sims improve. If a few people want a 50fps increase for the price, then they need to reassess and then come up with a grand for a whole new system. I can assure you that 98% of sim users tweak their cfg's but actually don't have a any idea about writing actual API code to do this kind of thing. The amount of research just to begin such a project then experiment/debug/release/support is huge to put it mildly. I don't mean to be offensive to that 98% of my fellow simmers, I am just stating the reality of it. Sorry, I just always like to defend developers- except those who gladly accept paypal then decide to disappear or delay once the normal questions and support start coming on in. I have some other prods from fsps and they have great support - like giving us a 60 min demo now.

I can only agree with you daveaust! I'm a FA user since ver 1.1.0 and I can only say this: the guys of FSPS made an excellent work and I'm very satisfied with this great program! My comp is powerfull but I can see improvements and FPS stability during all my flights! No problems at all from the first day of usage of this great program! And the price? No problem! It's a fair price for a product of this kind!

EXCELLENT JOB GUYS!!

Okay, this thread has run its course and it's time to close it.

Please redirect any further comments to the new v1.2 thread instead.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446505-fsx-fiber-accelerator-v12/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator