Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

Computer Pilot magazine

Hi there,

You may recall that there was once a great flight simming magazine called "Computer Pilot" which I believe was published by PC Aviator.

PC Aviator sold it to a European company and everything went downhill from there.

At the beginning of the year I took out a subscription to receive a regular hard copy of the magazine. To date none have been forthcoming.

Looking on their website http://web.computerpilot.com/ it seems that there is no recent magazine material.

The only thing that is still working and fully up to date is the subscription merchandising part.

It seems that they eagerly take your money but don't deliver the product, either physically or via online magazine.

I have sent 4 emails to them and have yet to receive a reply.

A few other fellow simmers have fallen into the same trap.

This now falls into the scam category and a potential 'Wall of Shame' candidate.

Why is the website still active and the magazine not?

Cheers

Steve Hall

It basically went Tango Uniform over the past couple of years...  do a search on Hangar Chat and you should find the story.

DJ

Unfortunately the part where you pay real $$$$$ didn't go TU. I'll take a look at Hangar Cat. Thanks

Cheers

Steve Hall

Um, it is in Hanger Chat, and it wasn't moved here... :blink:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Gosh Fr Bill. I must be going senile - could have sworn blind I read it in Letters to the Editor. Must be working too hard!