Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Man..what I WAS MISSING!----Accu-Feel...

Well, since having had P3D, I had not until yesterday tried to install both Accu-Feel v2.1  and GSX Ground Services (latest installer from website)

Oh man...what I was missing!

I'm right now in the Riva in-board motor boat slamming across some very active water...(the best dynamic display of water seen yet in P3D v.2.2!) and the sound is incredible as I hit the waves.  Yes...HIT THE WAVES that are acting upon my hull and giving the sound of impact through Accu-Feel and moving the hull not merely up and down...but actually the true RL feel and view of a V-hull taking on the crests and swells. Man..this ALONE---------------> if I saw an FSX/P3D v2.2 side-by-side comparison on two running systems...side-by-side..would have me running to P3D in a heart-beat.

Simply amazing...and I highly suggest to those (and I'm sure that there still are such as myself, until yesterday....) that have not yet installed these two products into their P3D (whatever...) that you do so ASAP.  You are (ignorance is NOT bliss...) missing out on immersion level, big time!  I didn't realize how much Accu-Feel adds to a flight simulation, to wrap around you...and deliver!  This is a must, in P3D...that's for sure.....

It would have been great to have had a triple-install option...but with a little cut and snip for the dll.xml file...you are moments away from the same immersion that you enjoy in FSX, with this product, as well as Ground Services, (which is working perfectly...and thanks again for the developer's help in getting it installed...many thanks!

Back to the boat...just about to travel under the Mackinaw Bridge, in Michigan's U.P.....and man...is the water rough with using the ORBX weather option (4).  I'd say that in RL, the waves would be 2 1/2 to 3 foot swells...and Accu-Feel is matching the action with the appropriate volume and intensity.

I am SO hooked on P3D...there is no hope for an addiction recovery. I am lost ......... :ph34r:

Did I miss something or are we talking about boats here?

Yeap, Mitch is now on a boat trip. :lol:

Spirit

Did I miss something or are we talking about boats here?

Oh yes...I fly and boat within P3D...perhaps now, on a 50/50 basis.  I actually (the imagination-generator fueled up...) create (if I had the coin....) RL scenarios, whereby, I fly into an ORBX PNW or SAK 'candy-bar'....lake, seaplane base, (my lake-side cottage?!?!?(wink))...and there, by saved situation (and transference to this equipment)... is my runabout, or yacht...(my RL wife, likes her virtual counterpart to be enjoying that boat, right alongside me...(smile)).  P3D is a total world simulator...if there is something you are doing on the planet....terra-firma,atmosphere, or H2O....it will supply you the virtual reality to get the job done!   So...yeah...search out water-craft for FSX/P3D, put it into P3D...and why not have it all?  Fly in...and then bring the picnic basket to the boat...cast off the lines (wives are great for that!) and lead away from the dock.  BTW...in FSX (Cushman Lake) is superb for aquatic enterprises. I have at least two boats 'saved' down at the docks within the scenery pack.  I am hoping that ORBX will soon convert Cushman Lake, and KORS to triple-install ASAP.  Both are wonderful products to enjoy ALL that each flight sim platform can dish out...

Cheers!

Hi Mitch,

you forgot the diving activities yet?

Spirit

Hi Mitch,

you forgot the diving activities yet?

Spirit

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

......blub..blub....

In fact, my wife and I are soon going in RL, scuba and skin (she only snorkels...) to Tobermory, Ontario Canada...for the 19th century ship-wrecks at the Fathom Five Provincial Marine Park.  Many wooden ship-wrecks in that area...and most available within 30-50 feet down!  We cross over at the Blue Water Bridge...and boogie on down to Tobermory for scuba and great White Fish 'n chips off of the fish shops overlooking the harbor. We then are going to take the Ferry over to Manitoulin Island,..and then head back to Michigan through Sault Ste. Marie.  I am most fortunate to have a friend that also came up from L.A. around the same time I did...and he and I had always been surfers/snorkelers/scuba nuts.  We both have MARES equipment.  If you ever wish to try out ANOTHER hobby...lol...and when you certify...you can NOT beat this equipment for value, or safety.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/amnc-nmca/on/fathomfive/index.aspx

http://www.scuba.com/manufacturers/mares/

http://www.leisurepro.com/c-962/tanks

Cheers!

Back to the boat...just about to travel under the Mackinaw Bridge, in Michigan's U.P.....and man...is the water rough with using the ORBX weather option (4).  I'd say that in RL, the waves would be 2 1/2 to 3 foot swells...and Accu-Feel is matching the action with the appropriate volume and intensity.

Try going a little further north and see if accu-feel simulates running into the icebergs on lake superior  :P

Try going a little further north and see if accu-feel simulates running into the icebergs on lake superior  :P

We are going there...from the 'Soo....to Munising, for a boat tour and falls tour at Pictured Rock Natural Lakeshore.  I'll let you know...LOL!

http://www.nps.gov/piro/index.htm

We are going there...from the 'Soo....to Munising, for a boat tour and falls tour at Pictured Rock Natural Lakeshore.  I'll let you know...LOL!

http://www.nps.gov/piro/index.htm

Well have fun haha. Have you ever been to the U.P. before? (IRL that is).

Well have fun haha. Have you ever been to the U.P. before? (IRL that is).

Oh yeah...my brother-in-law has a tract of land around Munising for camping and deer hunting.  He rents acreage to Michigan State for agriculture studies.  My wife and I go up there quite a bit...and even can catch the Northern Lights when they want to give a show.  The stars...(no major pollution ) glow like diamonds up there, as we sit around the camp-fire.  The only bummer to this trip, is the reported amount of mosquitoes this year....there are so many...that if they don't finish you in the first hundred sips...they have 200 of them each lift you up by your arms...and fly you to the nest for a later night 'last bar call'..... :blush:     But...back to flight simming...(I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!)

Cheers!

Mitch'er

The mosquitoes are my daily companions, here in Thailand. :P Anyway have fun there.

Spirit

The mosquitoes are my daily companions, here in Thailand. :P Anyway have fun there.

Spirit

Thanks, Spirit..and oh...you haven't got it truly so bad....not with those 'James Bond' GORGEOUS islands you folks own....

You lucky person...

http://www.touropia.com/best-islands-in-thailand/

Post Edit:  What a hoot....I have NEVER flown within Thailand in any simulator...I'm about to load up...and have a go!  ORBX...you should do all the islands of Thailand as well as your PNG.  Now..I'd BUY THAT!

Thanks, Spirit..and oh...you haven't got it truly so bad....not with those 'James Bond' GORGEOUS islands you folks own....

You lucky person...

http://www.touropia.com/best-islands-in-thailand/

Hi Mitch,

that's true but I live about 1000 km North where Chiang Mai the "Rose of the North" is. No ocean but wonderful mountains. I wouldn't like to live near the water except from being on board of a big sized yacht. :mellow:

Spirit

Hi Mitch,

that's true but I live about 1000 km North where Chiang Mai the "Rose of the North" is. No ocean but wonderful mountains. I wouldn't like to live near the water except from being on board of a big sized yacht. :mellow:

Spirit

I have always had to be by a large body of water...it goes way more deeper than even the water in my blood plasma...lol.   The Great Lakes are nice, but I really miss oceans...the salt water 'n waves. We were going to sell and retire down to South Carolina (actually Myrtle Beach, we were looking,we did!) as I am DONE with snow-blowers and what they are used to move...but my son and his family want to move back to Phoenix, Arizona, near, or in the town of Chandler, and being that we lived there for a spell along the road of life...will most likely move back to Phoenix for retirement.  It's not so bad though...plenty of lakes a hundred miles around...and of course there is San Diego, about a few hours away, lol. My wife and I are actually (if you are interested to explore...) wanting to settle down in Fountain Hills, AZ.  A most beautiful place, indeed.  Anyway...before we get kicked outta here...and put in Hangar Chat, lol...I just re-installed all the ORBX freebie's again, as I had to do an entire re-installation of P3D to get it into a folder install. That is done..and time to reboot...and then go and explore Thailand....and what a great idea to do so!

If I fly over your house...light off a red smoke locator chug....and I'll tip my wings of the SkyMaster in salute!

Happy flyin'....

Ses

The only bummer to this trip, is the reported amount of mosquitoes this year....

Ah, so you've seen our Air Force in action!  :P

I live up here and love how pollution-free the air is. It makes flying all that much more enjoyable. The nature up here is best appreciated from a 172 at about 3000' MSL. (If you ever see a red and white one flying over next time you're up, be sure to wave!)