Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Man..what I WAS MISSING!----Accu-Feel...

If I fly over your house...light off a red smoke locator chug....and I'll tip my wings of the SkyMaster in salute!.....

Hi Mitch,

I'll have a look and give you the signal. There's a pretty nice freeware scenery of VTCC (Chiang Mai) but unfortunately it doesn't look quite well in P3D v2.

Spirit

Ah, so you've seen our Air Force in action!  :P

I live up here and love how pollution-free the air is. It makes flying all that much more enjoyable. The nature up here is best appreciated from a 172 at about 3000' MSL. (If you ever see a red and white one flying over next time you're up, be sure to wave!)

Oh..a man lucky enough to fly in RL....ok..(wink)..I shall...  I always say...."If you can't fly over it....then take a motorcycle..and ride through it...for you still get plenty of wind...".   :rolleyes:

Hi Mitch,

I'll have a look and give you the signal. There's a pretty nice freeware scenery of VTCC (Chiang Mai) but unfortunately it doesn't look quite well in P3D v2.

Spirit

VTCC?  OK...I'm just about to close down the browser...and fire up P3D...VTCC will be the first flight out of the gate....

We all get stuck flying around 500 miles around 'what we know'...and this thread has reminded me that ORBX Global...means...global......

Post Edit:  VTCC!  Man..the airport is beautifully located...Spirit...what is that very tall mountain parallel to R18?  I'm just about to take off..and oh...nice weather right now about the vicinity....love the palm trees in ORBX-G....  back to the flight...and taxi to R18.....

Hi Mitch,

the tall mountain is Doi Suthep and on top is a tempel. Have a look here http://www.visitchiangmai.com.au/doi_suthep.html

We always have nice weather. :lol: But soon it will rain more often as the rainy season is coming.

Spirit

I was wondering what that was, as I climbed out from R18.   Thailand's ORBX G is drop-dead gorgeous!  I am very happy in how this thread has morphed today, Spirit...as I most likely, would have not been drawn (being from North America...and we all tend to stay in our collective 500 miles 'shells'....bad..I know..to fly over Thailand,....but ORBX-G has an entirely different look (and most excellent) in rendering your home city...and I am going to have a blast today...really exploring your whole country....it looks too good to pass up!   That temple, looks in my view..as a rock cone, like a volcano.  Does your rendering look the same?  Anyway...back to the flight..I'm in pause and have just cleared off off the end of R18...and am going to bank right to get up there and check that temple out.  That's what I love so much about AVSIM...we all come from another place...and can so inject great 'global' camaraderie  to this hobby...  I have to thank you for being a citizen of Thailand...for like I said...who knows if I would have ever chosen to virtually fly there....   What a BLAST!...Bye for now...that mountain and Temple is calling. the Bonanza....  

Post Edit: Ok...I see that that is a rock outcropping...and not the Temple.  I'll check that out in real life as per your link...thanks...

Buddhist monastery in 1383 it is still a working monastery today.....wow.....  Thanks Spirit....

Cheers, Mate!

Hi Mitch,

happy that I could give you some inspiration for a visit in Chiang Mai/Thailand. The temple has a Pagoda I guess that's what you see. I don't have FTX Global so I can't tell you what I see in P3D v2. I only can tell you what I see when I've a look through the bedroom window - straight to Doi Suthep and the temple. Not now, because it's already dark night here.

Have fun

Spirit

Hi Mitch,

happy that I could give you some inspiration for a visit in Chiang Mai/Thailand. The temple has a Pagoda I guess that's what you see. I don't have FTX Global so I can't tell you what I see in P3D v2. I only can tell you what I see when I've a look through the bedroom window - straight to Doi Suthep and the temple. Not now, because it's already dark night here.

Have fun

Spirit

Here are 5 shots of your Home Town, and one of me, if I had the coin to actually do this. In fact...the Carenado guy, looks a lot like myself in RL, lol........ with the mountain and airport to my left wing....:  At the top of the mountain is a rock outcrop...flew over that about ten minutes ago...

Hi Mitch,

thanks for the shots - nice to see you. :P

Well, the Doi Suthep on your shot #3 is not exactly as it looks like in real. The road is ok and it leads to the top passing the temple, but this thing on top should be the temple with the pagoda I guess and is rendered wrong. Unfortunately I couldn't find any photo with the view up the mountain, there are only a lot top down to the city and of course the temple itself.

This should be improved from ORBX I think.

Anyway, thanks again

Spirit

Hi Mitch,

thanks for the shots - nice to see you. :P

Well, the Doi Suthep on your shot #3 is not exactly as it looks like in real. The road is ok and it leads to the top passing the temple, but this thing on top should be the temple with the pagoda I guess and is rendered wrong. Unfortunately I couldn't find any photo with the view up the mountain, there are only a lot top down to the city and of course the temple itself.

This should be improved from ORBX I think.

Anyway, thanks again

Spirit

Ah...so that SHOULD be the pagoda of the Temple.  You should contact John V. over at FTX...and mention that this landmark, should not be rendered as a rock outcropping! It must crank those that live there....!!!

Ah...so that SHOULD be the pagoda of the Temple.  You should contact John V. over at FTX...and mention that this landmark, should not be rendered as a rock outcropping! It must crank those that live there....!!!

Hi Mitch,

well, but I don't have FTX Global so I don't know if it's proper to do it and I would need to use your screen shot too.

Spirit

Where do you get boats?

I've been to Munising and Pictured Rocks.   Nice cool place in the summer.  Northern Michigan is a secret treasure in the US.

Woah!  That is so awesome! LOL

Be VERY careful, Denali...the water can be JUST as addicting as the air above it...especially with the P3D 'live water' dynamic wind-affects-wave direction and heights.....

I was flying in a runabout towards the Mackinaw Bridge, under the auspices of ASN...and there actually were three-foot waves and chop. I had white-caps set with REX DIRECT...and it was looking and feeling as RL as any runabout that I have ever driven......   Like I said...I'm hooked right into P3D...and it's going to be a great LM hard-ride from version to version, here on out.  I'd love to see a 64 bit version...but am having great success running in the 32 bit environment.  I can wait...and smile along the way!!!  I do though..want to see LM take this to 64 bit. It will also be good for the 3PD's...to inject fresh cash...and spur further technological 'stretch-the-limit-further' development.    It will be up to each user, to migrate...if there is justification in their mind, to do so...and the added software expense.  I don't imagine that too many developers are going to re-do prior products in conversion from 32 to 64 bit..and offer it for no compensation. There will be cost...but the benefits into the future will (IMHO) be huge for the hobby in general.  Ok...too much coffee...and when that happens, my finger tips take on a life of their own...lol!  Enjoy the water side of things....

Captain Mitch (chief cook and bottle washer....) of the white Sirocco GTX 2  

P.S.  Denali...make sure you also grab the PATCH to get the beauty up to 25 knots.  You should see how good this yacht looks going through the Straits of Mackinaw!!!  I just wish that somebody could make a detailed scenery for the entire Mackinac Island...the harbor where the Ferry comes in...and the Grand Hotel...etc....ORBX did a freebie for Global-G at the airport...but the entire island deserves a free-ware or pay-ware treatment. It is a HUGE tourist draw for Michiganders...and for the rest of N.A.  BTW, if you ever decide to check it out...STAY on the island...for actually it is cheaper than crossing each day back and forth to the mainland.  Most of the hotels are actually 19th century, the restaurants have great food..and surprisingly don't gouge you.  If you have a bike...TAKE IT....TAKE ------------------------>it, and do the water and INTERIOR tour. You'll get hooked...and will be back, if you are within driving distance to it.  One more interesting fact to know about Mackinaw Island...there are NO motorized vehicles allowed on the island (EMT and police excepted...), you get around by foot, bike, or horse-drawn vehicles. Even UPS and FedEx must transfer at the ferry, their deliveries to a horse-drawn wagon..and THAT is how the stuff is delivered to those that live upon the island. You REALLY go back to the 19th Century, when all you hear outside your hotel window, or around you, is the gentle clip-clop of horses hooves.  My wife and I are not strangers to it...trust me!  :P People have no idea what amounts of stress-in-life is put upon you in dealing with the very noisy world of cars, motorcycles, trucks, police sirens, blowing horns, and escalating road rage,etc. To have the sound of laughter from families moving around you...from the sound and beauty of horses moving past you on the streets..and only the sound of the occasional ringing bike-bell...along with the song of the birds, and lap of the waves upon the rocks...takes your shoulders down to the level of your behind...and most after a day of this actual 'sound of the 19th Century' must be later, after their visit to the past...taken off the island....kicking and screaming.  NOBODY wants to go back to the sound of the 'modern' mainland...NOBODY.......

Cheers, and long Life!

Mitch

If you ever wish to try out ANOTHER hobby...lol...and when you certify...you can NOT beat this equipment for value, or safety.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/amnc-nmca/on/fathomfive/index.aspx

http://www.scuba.com/manufacturers/mares/

http://www.leisurepro.com/c-962/tanks

Well, recently I have found this:

http://www.aquariumbcn.com/en/experiences-with-sharks/diving-with-sharks/

I am certified PADI diver... However, I have mixed feelings about this :lol:

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Mitch,

that's the forum about the VTCC freeware for FSX only. One can also see how Doi Suthep looks like and the temple too.

http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=50313&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Spirit