Sign in to follow this  
Rockliffe

Bristol UK, help with projection system needed

I've been researching the building of a fullsize 737-800 cockpit for the past few months, and so far I still have not made a decision whether to go for 3 x 60" monitors or 3 x HD projectors. I understand the drawbacks of each of the different methods and also the benefits. However, in a perfect world, I would like to go for a 120-140 degree projection screen but I am very conscious of the lower quality when compared to monitors, not to mention the use of such a setup in a bright situation. I also understand when used with a curved screen, the sharpness of the image will also suffer, at least this is what I have read. So now I'm thinking maybe a curved screen wouldn't be the way to go, but maybe three flat screens, very carefully joined to reduce and vertical lines. But, I really need to see some kind of HD projection system in situ so I can get a better idea of what to expect. So my question is... is there anyone within striking distance of Bristol in the UK who has such a setup and wouldn't mind me dropping by to take a look and ask a few questions. Help, as always, appreciated...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!