Sign in to follow this  
jamesman8

PMDG 777 Exterior model missing!

I have done everything. I've checked my aircraft.cfg, fsx.cfg, looked at my textures to make sure they are there, 

HERE ARE PICTURES:

(I know they are the preview, but it looks the same in the game)

PASSENGER VERSION

JzYWT1V.jpg

FREIGHTER VERSION

eBtjcNN.jpg

I bought this today, and I wasn't expecting this. 

I need answers now as I'm really eager to fly this.

The VC is perfectly fine, no holes, everything works. Its just the exterior.

I've also searched over Google and Bing. No answers.

NOW SOLVED! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

You need to make sure highmemfix=1 in CFG and advanced animations in fsx is ticked

Done, checking to see if it will work.

I looked for highmefix in the CFG, but I couldn't find it.

Add it in your CFG. Just return to create a new line and copy and paste that line into it. Save it. Fly. 

Corey Andrews
Proud owner of the PMDG 777 

Add he highmemfix=1 to your graphics section on ur CFG for fsx and tick advanced animations in options display options and graphics

Stewart Cumbers

Add he highmemfix=1 to your graphics section on ur CFG for fsx and tick advanced animations in options display options and graphics

I did already! Advanced animations was already ticked when I checked! Its not solving the problem!

Do you have DX11 preview mode enabled? The model is very complex, depending on your system, it may take a while to fully load the model once loaded in game. 

Corey Andrews

Do you have DX11 preview mode enabled? The model is very complex, depending on your system, it may take a while to fully load the model once loaded in game. 

Well my friends over in msflights.net, said that no PMDG products work with that enabled, so they said to disable it, that didn't work.

Im repairing the plane now, seeing if that will work.

I did already! Advanced animations was already ticked when I checked! Its not solving the problem!

Sorry I'm out of ideas apart from make sure ur settings are as pmdg suggest in the manual

Stewart Cumbers

Well my friends over in msflights.net, said that no PMDG products work with that enabled, so they said to disable it, that didn't work.

Im repairing the plane now, seeing if that will work.

Yeah that's what I meant by disabling DX11... There is a program that fixes some of the DX11 issues out there.. 

I'm not to sure what else to suggest. Might want to submit a support ticket. Make sure you are actually loading into the aircraft and not just judging whether it will work with the aircraft previewer. 

Corey Andrews

Yeah that's what I meant by disabling DX11... There is a program that fixes some of the DX11 issues out there.. 

I'm not to sure what else to suggest. Might want to submit a support ticket. Make sure you are actually loading into the aircraft and not just judging whether it will work with the aircraft previewer. 

Well I just enabled DX10 and now it works!

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this.  I had the exact same problem in a totally different airplane and the DX10 fixed it.  I never would have guessed.

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.