Sign in to follow this  
Busterbvi

FS9 747 -400 UPGRADE TO FSX

Greetings.   I have an old FS9 boxed version of the B747 400 Queen of the skies that I would like to install in FSX.  Can anyone confirm if the 400X V2.1 download from PMDG is for upgrading the old FS9 version to FSX ?

Thanks.

Buster.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is not; it is intended for the 400X FSX model.  Here is the text of the download "Update for the PMDG 747-400X (FSX) released 22 May 08.  There is no free upgrade to the FS9 model to make it compatible with FSX.  The FSX version will cost you $54.95 more or less.

DJ

Thanks for the reply DJ.  Since posting I have downloaded the V2.1 update in the hope that it came with a "Read Me" and it did, 9 pages !

On page 1, item 7, it states;

" If you select COMPLETE install, you will also launch an installer that will seek to update your FS9 747 - 400 to be current with the FSX version of this product "

So it would appear that you can indeed upgrade free from the FS9 version to FSX.

I would assume that V2.1 includes any prvious updates ?

Cheers. Buster.

That line simply means that the FSX feature fixes and additions will be applied to the FS9 version - not that it will be upgraded to FSX.

DJ