Sign in to follow this  
vertigho

The Ideal 777?

Hey all, I'm looking to beef-up my fleet a bit and would like to add a 747, 757 and a 777. I'm primarily looking for systems complexity, with a fully-functioning FMS and an interactive VC. I know PMDG is the way to go for the 747, but I'm curious as to what others think are the best 757 and 777 addons.

For the 757 I understand that there's the QualityWings model, as well as the PSS and CS. I've seen opinions all over the board on each plane, and I know various updates have been released over the years that may have changed the products. Based on my priorities (as mentioned above), which 757 addon would you recommend? QW, CS, or PSS?

As for a 777, I'm only aware of the PSS 777. Are there any others out there that are superior?

Thanks in advance for the help! 

I didn't know PSS had a 757 in the first place, so I can't comment, but from what I've read, the Captain Sim 757 was hard on performance and had several bugs. The QualityWings 757 is great on performance, and for the price, you get the 757-200, -300, and freighter models as well as the standard panel and retrofit panel that some operators use. Performance is great. Systemwise, if you're looking for something PMDG-style where you can enter everything in, you might be disappointed with this one. You can enter in your route as well as select flap speeds, but the performance data like zero fuel weight and gross weight are already filled in for you. Also, if you look at the progress page, you will find that the fuel estimates are based on what is taking place with the aircraft at that instant as opposed to an estimate based on what the planned fuel burn would be at a given altitude, so in other words, if you're in a climb at maximum thrust, you might get a fuel estimate going into the negatives. I will say they did improve the systems since its initial release, so you can definitely do much more with it now than you could with the first release, although it's more of a medium product rather than a heavy PMDG-like product.

As for the 777, the only one I know of is the PSS 777, although I must warn you that only comes with the -200LR, the -300ER, and the freigher, so if you're looking for the -200ER, you won't find it here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Gotcha, thanks for the info! I suppose it'll be the PSS when it comes to the 777. I'll wait to hear a few more opinions on 757 before making a decision, although I am leaning toward the QW or PSS based on what I've heard to this point. 

My experience with the CS 757 was less than good. The QW offering is quite good, but then again, I still like the PSS 75 too. Guess if I had to pick just one I would go with the QW version. Just my two and a half cents. 

Regards,

Joe Esposito

You might consider reading the forum topic below: 

"considering buying a 757 for FS9"

You might consider reading

You took the words out of my mouth.  These days it seems its too much trouble to glance down the page to see if any topics are relevant.  The search function is far too much trouble and takes too much time. Yet the OP wrote four paragraphs ... go figure.

My apologies. Didn't think to glance down the page -- again, I'm sorry. It was an honest mistake.

I still see the thread as slightly relevant due to the T7 inquiry, however I understand that it's otherwise unnecessary and repetitive. If a moderator would like to remove this thread, feel free. 

Again, my sincerest apologies for the thread. 

You might consider reading the forum topic below: 

"considering buying a 757 for FS9"

You took the words out of my mouth.  These days it seems its too much trouble to glance down the page to see if any topics are relevant.  The search function is far too much trouble and takes too much time. Yet the OP wrote four paragraphs ... go figure.

Admittedly, I hadn't seen the aforementioned thread prior to my responding to it, as I'd only come across the thread via the recently discussed forum topics window on the main forum page.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Captain Kevin our comments were directed at the OP rather than at yourself.

You have been unfailingly helpful and polite in these forums.  :Peace:

On the other hand gwillmot and I are getting on a bit and are losing patience/ tolerance with the rudeness, sometimes arrogance, of the 'instant gratification' crowd. From time to time this surfaces, to our detriment it must be admitted, as it did here.

Guys, I can certainly understand a part of your feelings about not reading a few lines down before posting a new topic (regarding the 757), but since this is also about a T7 let's get back to that topic.

It would of course be easier to refer to the 757 thread (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/444470-considering-buying-a-757-for-fs9/) if possible, and I'd also tend to edit the topic title to only ask for the Triple 7 with the OP's permission, to keep the things organized.

Best regards,

Feel free to edit the thread title.

Again, my apologies.  :P

Feel free to edit the thread title.

Again, my apologies.  :P

Done B) No worries, I just think that it's easier for everyone (and for the sake of not repeating the same things said in the "Considering Buying a 757" thread), since the 757 is a recently discussed thing.

On the other hand gwillmot and I are getting on a bit and are losing patience/ tolerance with the rudeness, sometimes arrogance, of the 'instant gratification' crowd

Hey .....  Don't drag me into this description (other than the getting on a bit).  I was simply offering the OP the option of perusing another thread which offered insight into this topic forementioned in pre and post threads of such.

On the day in question of my post, I was actually quite "mellow", as evidently someone changed my medication.

Don't drag me into this

I apologise for putting words in your mouth so-to-speak gwillmot.  I did have a bad day yesterday but that is absolutely no excuse nor even explanation for implicating you in my ill-judged response.

Accordingly I shall pull my head in and take my medicine.   :Worried:

Gents,

I can understand the need to keep things organized in a forum for continuity and ease of use for the member, but let's remember we're here to help our fellow simmer, first post or 3000th post. 

I still get a wonderful feeling of accomplishment knowing that I've helped someone out or provided some food for thought on an important product purchase. Even if it seems extremely trivial and is common knowledge to the more experienced simmers, the answer you provide has got someone out of a bind. We were all newbies at one time  ^_^

Even though comments have veered slightly off course, the OP hasn't complained, he has respectfully apologized, co-operated and shown appreciation for the help some have provided.

I've spent countless hours fiddling with settings, re-installing aircraft and editing fs9.cfg files, and when I'm ready to pull my hair out in frustration, the kind members of this forum come through.

Let's not lose sight we're here for the exchange of ideas, and as mother used to say "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" 

Respectfully,