Sign in to follow this  
StChalky

Flightbeam - Buy 2 or more, get 30% discount

Are there any advantages or disadvantages of paying in US$ instead of £ other than the exchange rate?

No other advantages, it was purely because it saved me a bit more money by paying in dollars.  Pretty much all of my add-ons have been bought paying in dollars, and particularly Australian dollars where the exchange rate is so favourable for us in the UK. 

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

No other advantages, it was purely because it saved me a bit more money by paying in dollars.  Pretty much all of my add-ons have been bought paying in dollars, and particularly Australian dollars where the exchange rate is so favourable for us in the UK. 

There are no disadvantages? If so, I should've used US$ 2 days ago. But I am grateful of my purchase. Does this apply to non-Paypal users?

Júnior Silva

Too bad I do not need US sceneries. They look excellent at YT videos.

My only US sceneries to date have been FSDreamteam's KLAX but, when I bought KDEN (I was impressed by the demo) and KSFO I was so impressed by the quality of those two airports that I gave in and bought KIAD and KPHX and am now looking forward to some flights around the US as well as Atlantic flights to/from my European base. 

Cheers,

Stu

There are no disadvantages? If so, I should've used US$ 2 days ago. But I am grateful of my purchase. Does this apply to non-Paypal users?

I only ever use Paypal for my add-on purchases and so before I make the payment I can see exactly what will be charged to my debit card in stirling taking into account the exchange rate they're using.  I can't vouch for other payment methods, it would of course depend on what your debit/credit card provider charges for handling foreign currency transactions and how generous their exchange rate is.  But, as long as you get a favourable rate/fee applied and it amounts to less than the stirling equivalent then there will be no disadvantages.

I only saved an extra £3 and a few pennies which in the grand scheme of the overall discount offered by Fligthbeam wasn't massive, so had I not bothered to spend bleeding ages working out the exchange rates and paid in Stirling I wouldn't have been bothered, still would have got cracking airports for a damn good price!  Glad you're happy with your purchase :)

Cheers,

Stu

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

My only US sceneries to date have been FSDreamteam's KLAX but, when I bought KDEN (I was impressed by the demo) and KSFO I was so impressed by the quality of those two airports that I gave in and bought KIAD and KPHX and am now looking forward to some flights around the US as well as Atlantic flights to/from my European base. 

Cheers,

Stu

I only ever use Paypal for my add-on purchases and so before I make the payment I can see exactly what will be charged to my debit card in stirling taking into account the exchange rate they're using.  I can't vouch for other payment methods, it would of course depend on what your debit/credit card provider charges for handling foreign currency transactions and how generous their exchange rate is.  But, as long as you get a favourable rate/fee applied and it amounts to less than the stirling equivalent then there will be no disadvantages.

I only saved an extra £3 and a few pennies which in the grand scheme of the overall discount offered by Fligthbeam wasn't massive, so had I not bothered to spend bleeding ages working out the exchange rates and paid in Stirling I wouldn't have been bothered, still would have got cracking airports for a damn good price!  Glad you're happy with your purchase :)

Cheers,

Stu

Thank you. I use VISA by the way.

Júnior Silva

picked up KIAD and KDEN last night at 11:30 lol talk about close to the cutoff.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Anyone tried demo versions? Does demo contain whole scenery and for how long time? Is it easy to uninstall after try, or it's a hustle to get rid off demo as I experienced with some other software?

Maybe I'm interested to add Denver or Phoenix for my PMDG T7 flights. What is the better choice between those two? 

Anyone tried demo versions? Does demo contain whole scenery and for how long time? Is it easy to uninstall after try, or it's a hustle to get rid off demo as I experienced with some other software?

Maybe I'm interested to add Denver or Phoenix for my PMDG T7 flights. What is the better choice between those two?

Demo does contain the whole scenery but, only for approx. 5 mins. I've not done an uninstall so can't comment on that aspect. I've limited experience with Denver and Phoenix but, I love the sheer size of Denver over Phoenix and had I to choose between the two, I'd go for Denver; out of all the Flightbeam airports that was the one I was most interested in.

Stu Bevis

Demos contain all scenery for 10 minutes, after which the buildings will disappear. There is no hassle for uninstalling, just go to the control panel and click uninstall and that's that!

Tnx guys. Gonna try it. Is it 1x10min or I can run it multiple times?

You will have to restart FSX/P3D between attempts but yes you can run it multiple times.