Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Need advice

This aircraft looks really nice, but unfortunately I've never used the Garmin 1000 glass cockpit. Seriously thinking to buy it, but was wondering if there are any tutorials available that explain things in a clear and easy manner. This would help me a great deal to transition after purchase. Any feedback much appreciated and gratefully received.

Thanks

Yes. It looks nice. But I would not recommend it.

• The Carenado G1000 is quite partially implemented and shows quite a few odd behaviors
  • I've had problems with it picking up ILS (say, in Yakutat PAYA) where I could do it with no problems using other aircraft (e.g. A2A C172)
  • My FSX setup is quite reasonably tuned, but this aircraft behaves very badly for me when flying manually (OK on AP as long as you don't have problems with nav aids). I mean, After a missed approach at PAYA I went around, flying manually, on final it started behaving very oddly, and suddenly it started flying backwards!! The cockpit instruments did not show it, but the scenery was flowing past backwards. I swear it! I double checked that I was not on a helicopter  :lol: Never, ever saw any flight model like this on a fixed wing aircraft...

I've nearly given up on this baby, as good as it looks. Waste of money. If you are really interested in learning the G1000, I'd say - go with the best one out there, which is (apparently) the Flight1 Super King Air B200. If you have to have it in a business jet (would be nice, no?) then maybe the Flight1 Cessna Mustang will fit the bill. I did not try that one. It is said to be quite good, although it appears to be a frame rate killer (as is the Carenado Phenom)

If you want to learn the G1000, the Flight1 C182T will also do the job - in  a less demanding airplane..

Bert

Hi!

i got the new Phenom 100 and i cant find a way to update the navegation database (GPS G1000).

I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks