Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

I accidentally drew two flight plans I think?

I went to simroutes. I searched for a route from klax to kbos. Picked a high alt route. I read the discription and it said to expect the subby departure.

http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/Details.aspx?PlanID=20829

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1407/00237SEBBY.PDF

So I went to the fmc and put klax and my orgin airport and loaded up my klaxkbos route in the company route. It drew a stright pink line. Then I went to my dep/arv page and selected the 24L runway I was on. And selected the subby departure. It then drew out the SID. That line connected with the first stright line. Does that sound right? Is the SID line supposed to meet the co route line? Also I could only engage lnav not vnav. Also had a route discontinuity. What do ya think?

What do ya think?

No offense, but I think it sounds like the tutorials would do you a lot of good.

Kyle Rodgers

I went to simroutes. I searched for a route from klax to kbos. Picked a high alt route. I read the discription and it said to expect the subby departure.

http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/Details.aspx?PlanID=20829

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1407/00237SEBBY.PDF

So I went to the fmc and put klax and my orgin airport and loaded up my klaxkbos route in the company route. It drew a stright pink line. Then I went to my dep/arv page and selected the 24L runway I was on. And selected the subby departure. It then drew out the SID. That line connected with the first stright line. Does that sound right? Is the SID line supposed to meet the co route line? Also I could only engage lnav not vnav. Also had a route discontinuity. What do ya think?

Hi

Having looked at your sim route I see in the navigation log section that the via column says LOOP6. I have just looked at the departure plates for KLAX and found a LOOP7 departure valid from 28th June to 24th July 2014.which includes all the same waypoints as shown on your sim route LOOP6 departure. The arrival starts at the final departure waypoint DAG (Daggett) This is the  CLARR2 arrival with the Daggett transition. I have checked the KLAS charts and the CLARR2 arrival is the most recent chart.

Therefore if you enter the LOOP7 SID (if your database is upto date if not just try LOOP6 etc). Then all you then need to do is enter the CLARR2 arrival Daggett transition. This will then follow your sim route.

I have to thank Kyle for the link to an American charts etc web site which is:AirNav.com

If you go onto that site you will be able to see the charts that I have mentioned.

I hope that helps.

So far I have done tutorial 1. It went good. Still gotta do two.

Yeah I see the loop6 sid. But why did the discription say subby?

Also when I load a route from simroutes do I enter the sid right after I load the route? Or if the route is already setup for the sid do I even have to go to the depart page?

I think your problem may be that the SID leads directly to the transition for the STAR and I think that when saving a route the SID and STAR are not included as due to wind direction the take off and landing runways will change and this can result in a different SID and/or STAR being assigned.Therefore you actually don't have a saved route and in this case all you need to do is load the LOOP7 SID and then CLARR2 arrival with the Daggett transition.

To answer your question about when do you enter the SID and STAR. Because as I say above there is no route as such, you go to the arrival and departure page and just choose the correct SID and STAR. There will be a discontinuity between the SID and STAR and if you are flying off line then you can close that. If you were undertaking a longer route you can either enter the route first and then once the SID and STAR are assigned you can then select them. You can also enter the SID first and then the route and if you get assigned a different SID you can then change it

The reason that SEEBY Departure is mentioned is that if your plane hasn't got RNAV then you have to use that departure. The 737 NGX has RNAV capability and therefore you can use the LOOP departure. If you look in the comment box on your Simroute you will see this explained.

The SEBBY 8 departure is a different DP to the LOOPE departure, although both route you similarly.

You have to know what you are doing in programming an FMC. The basics are:

Departure airport KLAX, runway 25R

Arrival airport KBOS

Set anything else you need to, then go to next page.

Set up your route, either airways or direct.

Go to DEP/ARR

Set DEP to SEBBY 8 (if that is what you are using)

Select a transition, Preferable something on your route that you just entered.

Go to LEGS. You will no doubt see a Dis-continuity at the end of the DP, as you scroll down through the waypoints. This is because the FMC/FMS doesn't know what you really want to do. Here's where you either need a bunch of local aviation knowledge or a bunch of charts. What you need to so is resolve your discontinuity to join your DP transition to either the same waypoint on your route (if that occurs on your planned route), or the next waypoint in the direction of travel. This last part requires some charts of local knowledge of the waypoints in the LA area.

If this doesn't make sense you may need to do an additional tutorial that deals with DP's and resolving discons.

I hope this helps. Bruce.

So far I have done tutorial 1. It went good.

Really?