Sign in to follow this  
sonebone

Having trouble getting going.....ughh

Your completely right, FS9 was a lot easier, all sliders to the right and off you fly. FSX was a work in progress that got cancelled, fortunately people have been working of fixes and workrounds ever since.

Flashing ground textures can occur if you are running DX10, some airports don't work with DX10. the other thing can be if you have 'poolsize=0'.

The biggest framerate killer is AI traffic and weather, however you will never get top airports smooth with top aircrafts.

The fisheye effect is your zoom setting in the view. Set this to 100 and you will not have a problem. Take a look at EZdok, it makes setting up views a doddle.

Dreadnought I run a Nvidia GTX 780 Ti with 3 gb mem.................my cpu is watercooled....

Voodoo How do you set the zoom setting to 100? Where do you find this? Also what is EZdok? Lastly I notice now (depending on how graphic intensive the scenery is) that I am running a fairly smooth 30FPS (This is what I have it set at) but I am now getting jerks...it would run fine for a few seconds jerk then run again.....Any clues on this????? I may have to go back to FS9 (this is getting rediculous and not fun) plus I have more sceneries there. But if I do the sad part is that I wasted a lot of cash in this hi end rig for FSX

Thanks for your help

Change zoom with the plus and minus keys on the keyboard..

Bert

Hey Bert been there and done that still looks off.......that said I also posted that while flying the picture tends to jerk......your flying smooth then it will jerk (frame rate gets hit) for a split second and then it rights itself again  then it will jerk again...this ever happen to you or anyone else reading this.........

Check for other programs that are running on your system... could be AV,  or stupid things like Google Updater or Java preload etc..

If this only happens when you are close to major airports / urban centers, lower traffic values, starting with freeway traffic = 0.

Bert

OK. First off EZDok is an add-on that allows you to over ride the preset views. You can set your own views inside and outside the cockpit. You can the assign keyboard or joystick buttons to the views. As you press the buttons, you get smooth motion from one view to another. You can also add camera shake to which ever views you decided, This can be changed to suit different aircraft. Google it or check out you tube for videos.

Second stutters, many stutters. Stutters can be caused by a few things;

1. Background programs running. Download a free program called CCleaner. In that program you can set programs that run at startup. Some programs run in the background that you don't know about.

2. Antivirus, if you can set it to game mode. Try uninstalling it and running FSX without it to check this one.

3. Corrupt shader cache. This is set the first time you fly, however it is changed slightly everytime you fly to try and make it better. Sometime FSX screws up and makes it worse, especially when you change things in the config. On windows 7 you can find these in the Appdata/local/Microsoft/FSX folder I think. You will probably have two folders, Shaders and Shaders10. Delete these and let FSX rebuild them on your next load.

4. Too high detail settings. FSX is not the best optimised software. When loading textures the frame rates drop. Sudden drops and FSX freezes until it can catch up. Unfortunately this is FSX. P3D is supposed to be better.

5. CPU core parking. This you will have to google as it is quite complicated.

Now I am going to tell you about a new program. I am going to tell you this, however I cannot in recommend it after having to reinstall my complete computer after using the trial, but you need to read about it and make your own choice.

The program is called Fibre Accelerator, by a company called FSPS. You will have to research it yourself as I explained my problems to warn other users and got told off. Sometimes being helpful gets you in the bad books.

And yes I miss FS2004. If I could get the new aircraft on FS2004, I would gladly go back. P3D looks nice but after just paying for the PMDG 777 for FSX and being told that I would have to pay again for a P3D version stops me. X-Plane 10 looks good with 64bit and better flight dynamics, but the lack of developer support holds me back on that.

Are you sure your NI settings are OK? I have a similar system to you and stuttering is not something you should have. A virgin FSX with only the HIGHMEM fix and NI settings that include 1/2 refresh sync rate and FSX frame limiter set at 30 should produce a very smooth experience using default FSX aircraft. Even with this relatively powerful system, it won't be perfectly smooth with PMDG's NGX and a detailed airport. I recently had to format/reinstall my sons PC after he did who knows what to it and the difference that the NI settings made to his FSX with regards fluidity with the 30 FPS setting and NI 1/2 frame rate vSync setting was night and day.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thanks to all for suggestions sorry for responding late I'm battling kidney stones no fun...I will look to my game again when I can actually enjoy it.................