Sign in to follow this  
JSilva

I have a question

I am wondering something. Flightbeam has a sale where if I get 2 or more products (in my case, KPHX, KIAD and KDEN. Total would be £65.31), I get a discount of 30% until July 7 (New total would be £45.72, nearly £20 off). I have plans to upgrade my PC (or a new PC depending on how you look at it) and these parts include the Motherboard, the CPU and the SSD but it will happen by the next few weeks (by that time, the sale will be gone) and will move to Prepar3Dv2 at the same time. What do I do in this situation? Can I purchase the airports now but not install it until I upgrade my PC and invest on Prepar3D? I am tight on budget now.

Júnior Silva

Yes.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

as long as you retai yoour purchase and registration info you should be just fine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

as long as you retai yoour purchase and registration info you should be just fine.

Vic

Thanks for the information. I can no longer worry about activation and the sale going away.

Júnior Silva

I think that the sale will go away by 7 July so buy it while you can.

I finally purchased KPHX, KIAD and KDEN. I heard there is a screenshot competition and I am thinking on entering. If I did install the Flightbeam airports to FSX now, buy the new PC parts (Motherboard, CPU, Solid State Drive, Computer Case and RAM) and install Prepar3Dv2, will I still use the products without repurchasing or should I not install them until I upgrade my Motherboard, CPU and RAM as well as adding a Solid State Drive for the OS and buy Prepar3Dv2. 

Júnior Silva

I finally purchased KPHX, KIAD and KDEN. I heard there is a screenshot competition and I am thinking on entering. If I did install the Flightbeam airports to FSX now, buy the new PC parts (Motherboard, CPU, Solid State Drive, Computer Case and RAM) and install Prepar3Dv2, will I still use the products without repurchasing or should I not install them until I upgrade my Motherboard, CPU and RAM as well as adding a Solid State Drive for the OS and buy Prepar3Dv2. 

You can install them now and use them on your new pc - no problem

Rich Sennett

You can install them now and use them on your new pc - no problem

Thanks for confirming that. Does the activation system apply similarly as FSDT and QualityWings as they use eSallarates as well.

Júnior Silva

Thanks for confirming that. Does the activation system apply similarly as FSDT and QualityWings as they use eSallarates as well.

Your serial number is all you need - installed FB & FSDT a ton of times on new builds - take care and dont worry

Rich Sennett

Your serial number is all you need - installed FB & FSDT a ton of times on new builds - take care and dont worry

That's good to hear. One thing that bothers me during the purchase is the 20% VAT Rate not being warned before checkout. Shouldn't they show the inc VAT Rate option before you go through the purchasing information. I was worried about the pricing being with VAT or without VAT.

Júnior Silva

That's good to hear.

Sure is as some installs after a certain number of installs is a pain

Rich Sennett