Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Several problems with 737-200

I'm having some problems with controlling the airspeed. At 65% N1, my speeds keeps dropping untill I push the throttles forward, only at 67% the speed keeps climbing untill the aircraft is overstressed.

The problem being that the difference between 65% and 67% N1, is a fraction of a milimeter on my CH quadrant, so it's pratically impossible to set it to aim for either, let alone aim for anything in between.

How do I set my airspeed to a desired speed this way?

The second problem is that the SP77 autopilot seems to change in the way it works. Everytime I try the same thing, the result differs. When I'm in heading mode, controlled by the heading setting and switch to NAV mode, controlled by the course setting, one time everything works just fine and the NAV button on my Saitek panel lights up and the HDG button lights up when I set it back to heading mode, but another time, performing the same actions, nothing happens and no lights light up on my panel.

How do I make the autopilot respond consiantly to the inputs?

Cheers!

Maarten

it's your quadrant that needs adjustment...  the plane works fine on standard hardware...

I am using a Saitek X52 and I have no issues whatsoever. 

The SP77 works fine and the same everytime.  I am not sure what you're doing but...  Please use the forums.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I'd be pleased to use the forums on your site, but as I mentioned in the several support requests about this matter I send via your website, there is no option to sign up and as long as my requests for help get ignored, it's simply not possible... If you want me to sign up for the forums on your site, I'd be pleased to do so, but it would be very helpful if requests for support wouldnt be ignored.

My quadrant works fine for every other aircraft I have. There was a problem with it, which was fixed by CH. After fixing it, CH tested my quadrant and concluded everything works as it should now. Thos two facts conclude this is something between the quadrant and this particullar aircraft. I'll be happy to take it up with CH, but I will have to explain in more detail what the problem between my quadrant and this aircraft would be, that the problem has to be found with the quadrant. I'm pretty sure that if I tell them I'm having a problem with just one single aircraft and I cant explain in more detail what the problem is about, they will tell me to contact the manufacturer of this one single aircraft.

This whole forum is full of posts where I see people having problems that other people dont have (and isnt that what these forums are about? Helping people who are having difficulties whatever the cause? If it is because of problems with the product, or if people lack the expertise to find the problem?), so it seems very strange to me to just say:"it works fine for me, so it has to work fine for everyone else."

Besides that, the problem with the radios I'm still having, even after several requests for help via your website, which also got ignored, shows there's something going wrong with this particullar aircraft, or with the download of the software, or its installation or whatever. I'm no computer/software expert, as many customers arent, so it would be very helpfull if there could be some form of support if things arent working as well as they should. I'm happy for you that everything works fine on your system, but it's clear that for simple users that arent experts on the matter, it doesnt consistantly work as well as on the system of an expert.

Also for this problem with the radios I would like to get some help fixing it, either through one of my requests for support on your website, or in it's own post on this forums, or in this post, or if it pleases you, on the forum on your website, íf only I could sign up for it...

It really doesnt matter to me where, or in what form, but simple users do not always have the expertise to fix everything themselves and would need some help every now and then. Ignoring requests for support or shoving it off isnt going to make the problems go away.

Cheers!

Maarten

Check his signature. The form on the website isn't the way to go. I am not sure it even works. We don't ignore anyone if they get through to us by the means we openly give them.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

From earlier issue I've had with a download for another aircraft, my experience is to apply for support on the website, through the contact form.

Underneeth the page of the 737-200 that email adres is mentioned, but only for specific questions, other than the problems I'm having. Underneeth that email adres is a line that says: For other support issues click here, which directs me to the contact form on the website. So from there it's made pretty clear that I have to use the contact form on the website.

Besides that, over the past 2 weeks I send 4 requests for support via the contact form on the site, as directed, but also 2 to the mentioned email adress and for non I have recieved any response at all.

So I used the means as they are mentioned on the website, but with no results.

But I dont mind, just let me know where to apply for support and I'll do that as instructed.

Cheers!

Maarten

Sent you a PM.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion