Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

Very dim landing light illumination !

Hi

Hope you well, I have problem in my landing light illumination on the runway, in the night on the ground, the landing lights is nearly seems to be OFF when its ON ( very dimm lights on the ground for ).

I use REX4 for the textures.

Also I have check the box of light on the ground illumination inside FSX settings.

Please is there any fix for this problem, or any realistic effect that compensate that problem !!!!!!

!!!!!!!

Thx.

What aircraft? If it's default aircraft the landing light won't really light up anything.

Some addons have a built in effect that will illuminate things

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The lighting effect on the ground is from the airplane model itself. Have to edit the model (which is impossible unless you have the creation file).

The problem is only with the both PMDGs, 747 & MD-11 !

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "PMDG General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

IIRC, because the lights are built into the models, PMDG aircraft need (look best) with the default spotlight.bmp and halo.bmp texture files that originally shipped with FSX (circa 2006/7).  I always keep backups of these two files in my FSX\Textures folder as REX and almost all other automated texture packages love to overwrite them.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

MDG aircraft need (look best) with the default spotlight.bmp and halo.bmp texture files that originally shipped with FSX

Does having those files also fix that problem with the lights reverting back to the original FSX ones when visibility is under 10sm?

Cristi Neagu