Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Clouds textures?

Hi, Change the sky set or date in the calendar of fs2004, not related to clouds set.In the means time, there is something new, unique and big in process, see in a near future announcement at major flight sim web site from hifisim. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

To add to Chris's reply, I've played with many dates using just the default clouds. I find April 23, 2003 very appealing in it's visuals in daytime and at dusk.-John

John, I find the most stunning visuals on fall evenings. Also try changing the date by a day at a time, it changes the sky colors significantly and rotates on a 4 or 5 day cycle I believe. Also play with the sun angle a few minutes before and after sunset. Dawn has some great visuals too! I can't remember the name of the download but there is an add-on which changes the horizon at dusk and its pretty realistic IMHO. It creates a golden band like one sees most anywhere at dusk around the sunset side of the sky just above the horizon. I have that and it adds a lot. I'm using Chris's reduced texture/hi peformance clouds and it all looks great!Hornit