Sign in to follow this  
Kosty

And Dovetails new sim announcement is...

They wrote they got Unreal engine 4 for this and will use that engine for further sim products as well. I don't know much about engines but I guess Unreal engine 4 is not that useful with flight simulations..is it? Afaik that engine was primarily developed for shooters and action games.

Wanna bet these products get nVidia profiles before P3D?

Fishing simulator

Goat Simulator

Farming Simulator

I believe these are all parts of the Alcoholic's series of simulations that comes with a USB 3.0 breathalyzer (and if you don't believe such an item exists -- I didn't until I googled it -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331201910452?lpid=82

... the more booze you drink, the more it affects the simulator ... or does it ... ? :lol:  

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Texting while take a breath test with your phone and driving ... sounds like a winning combo.

A Fishing Sim had better include ice fishing if they want to interest the serious thrill seekers.

Fourteen posts and we've already segregated into casual fishing simmers and serious fishing simmers.  How soon before people start talking about home cockpits? :D 

Hm.  I could do a home fishing simulator cockpit.  I just have to do it in the back yard, where I've already got a decent pond.  Just gotta make sure the pond is kept full.  Now... if I actually stock the pond with fish, it it still a fishing simulator?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Knowing their current pricing model.. Imagine how much the tackle box/fish species will cost when they get done bleeding people ...

Fourteen posts and we've already segregated into casual fishing simmers and serious fishing simmers. 

Keep in mind that serious fishing simmers don't care how the surface of the pond looks or getting all the scales in the right places.  It's all about modeling the exact amount of friction on the reel and the correct casting time given the wind.  Systems, not eye candy (which in this case would be, I guess, Swedish Fish...)  B)

The real question is when PMDG will "take the bait," and create some addons for this one! :ph34r:

They are pretty famous for the amount of DLC released.  I once read (here possibly), that train simulator was the most expensive game / simulator ever released when the various DLC is included.

They explicit state that they are only releasing Carp fishing, so expect Trout, Salmon, Pike, et-al.   

I just don't see any money in this, the 'joy' of fishing according to my friend is sitting in the sun and enjoying the tranquility...obviously "the sun" refers to the 1 day a year we get of sun in the UK.  

It's not even like you can practice the skills with a mouse / keyboard, who will buy it and why, i am genuinely interested? 

Ian R Tyldesley

most expensive game / simulator ever released when the various DLC is included.

2000 smackers all up. But I have spent way more than that on FSX :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Trust me, the voice of experience, it is not the just the ice cold water. It is how suddenly it can happen.

True enough, Mel. Also there's "cold" and then there's

"C O L D ! ! !"

It's all a matter of degree. :t0118:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The world wouldn't be so quick to call flight simmers geeks if they could see how comfortable we all are with thinly-veiled penis-size jokes.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

The world wouldn't be so quick to call flight simmers geeks if they could see how comfortable we all are with thinly-veiled penis-size jokes.

That's because we have our brains inside our skulls where they belong instead of where they lack space and blood flow to operate except when they are high on hormones.

anyways back on topic...I hope the flies in the new fishing sim use proper natural materials instead of these faker synthetics.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

How soon before people start talking about home cockpits?

I'm already working on the plans, . . . . . . . , I have a kids pool sitting in the middle of the living room with a 360 degree rotating stool sitting in the middle, a old boat windshield mounted on brackets that also support my keyboard and monitors. I have also set up a fourth monitor to display my fish finder which I connected through my FSUIPC - Fishing System User Interface for Perch and Crappie module. I've got three goldfish and two frogs in the pool along with some cattails for realism. So far I have only encountered a few small problems. #1 The frogs keep wandering off from the pool. That keeps one of the cats occupied while the other two stare at the goldfish and lick their lips. #2 Every time I try to start the system up the circuit breakers all kick out ( I suspect it may have something to do with that water and electricity thing ). #3 The terrified look on my wife as she frantically tries to contact the local crisis center. Once I get those three problems taken care of I going to drag out that old outboard motor I have and see if I can get it mounted on the stool.

Update: I super glued the frogs to a rock in the pool so they stay put now. I duct taped all the circuit breakers in the 'on' position so I don't lose power anymore. The wife went to visit the neighbors but wouldn't say which? The outboard motor may have to be canceled. I got it mounted okay, but, when I fired it up and gunned the throttle I discovered some new problems. The goldfish mysteriously disappeared and the pool is empty except for the frogs and rock. The cattails are all over the floor - in the bedroom. On the positive side the living room walls and the cats are really really clean.

Well I have to go for now because my wife just came in, she brought two local police officers and three really polite guys in white lab coats with her that insist I should come with them. I'm a little worried because I overheard one of the guys in white say, "A Fishing Simulator? Now that is really crazy!".

Regards to all,

P.S. Maybe the 'resort' they say I'm going to visit has a pond and a computer!

Hey fellas, you know, while at one time I would have agreed with everything that has been posted here, I have now got to a point in my life where I understand that nothing is at it seems, and everything has a story. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would scratch their heads and ask why anyone would sit in front of a computer screen and pretend to be a pilot! We know better, but only because we have a subjective understanding of flight simming and what's involved, not to mention, in most cases, a compete obsession! I've no doubt the flyfishing sim has similar parallels. I have almost zero experience of flyfishing, but what little I have I know there is a real art to it, some almost see it as a spiritual experience. As for it being boring, sure, I propbaly agree, but to those who have a deep rooted passion, will have a completely opposite opinion. I can see how a flyfishing sim would work though.

Flyfishing, as I understand things, is a real art. eg, choosing the correct location depending upon the speed of running water will affect chances of a catch, so will overhanging shadows of trees, different temperature of the water at different times of the day. There are other things to consider such as amount of cloud cover and sunshine, as this determines how well the fishermen are seen below the water. These are just a few things I have gleamed about flyfishing, and I'm sure there are many, many more tricks that are learned through experience :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The sim could also model trying to avoid getting shot by Dick Cheney.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Mel, I don't often laugh while reading an entire post. That's made my day thus far... :-)