Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

FSDT KIAH is Out

If it is anything like CYVR I won't be getting it. Have all their other products but CYVR stunk. Frame killer.

Richie Walsh

Performance is very good, and the visuals are terrific. Smooth as silk on my mid-range system.

For those who doubt, a trial mode is always available before committing to buy...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Too bad they got the night lighting all wrong. Wrong color apron lights (they use white and it is sodium vapor which is orange-yellowish) and the whole terminal building and apron area is way too dark. Just be forewarned that the night time is not very realistic. If you want to see a comparison go here to see their version compared to what it actually looks like: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10452.0

Work in Progress / 05

Eric 

If it is anything like CYVR I won't be getting it. Have all their other products but CYVR stunk. Frame killer.

CYVR is extremely good on fps, but lies in an area where the fps is already bad without any scenery, and users overloaded it with other memory hungry addons that ARE available in that area, so CYVR (being released after all those existing product) god an UNDESERVED bad reputation of being "heavy", when it clearly wasn't.

And, CYVR raised user's awareness of trying DX10. Again, not because it used much memory on its own (it was similar to KLAX, but KLAX didn't had too many memory hungry add-ons to add to it), but because it was in that tricky area, which was already fully crowded before we even started adding stuff ( OrbX PNW, Vancouver+,etc.).

KIAH lies in a more favorable environment, and because of this will probably get a way better reputation for good fps, just like KDFW.

We don't cherry-pick sceneries based on the emptiness of the surroundings, in order to brag about good fps. We do the sceneries that users want more (CYVR was voted by our users, a couple of years ago), and if they happen to be in a crowded area, there's not much to do, other than trying to teach how to properly configure the sim when flying *THERE*.

This time, we got luckier, and KIAH resides in a way more fps friendly environment, but we would have done it even if it wasn't.

Too bad they got the night lighting all wrong. Wrong color apron lights (they use white and it is sodium vapor which is orange-yellowish) and the whole terminal building and apron area is way too dark. Just be forewarned that the night time is not very realistic. If you want to see a comparison go here to see their version compared to what it actually looks like: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10452.0

Work in Progress / 05

As I've already replied to you in our forum, you are making a wrong assumption based on those screenshots posted BEFORE the release.

The RELEASED scenery doesn't look anything like that, because we obviously LISTENED to the suggestions posted in that thread you are pointing out, and the the night textures you'll find in the released product are entirely different. This is the release version, way more orange-reddish:

2014-7-5_1-9-42-848.jpg

But again, because of .JPG compression, THIS screenshot looks worse (less color) than the actual scenery seen on a live system, because the smaller lights becomes less visible due to the compression. As usual, it's best to judge only with the actual installed scenery, not from screenshots.

About the supposed too dark ground, compared to a *picture*, it's the typical mistake of judging night colors intensity based on a picture made by a camera that would compensate for the exposure, so everything will look WAY brighter in a picture that how it is in reality, and the same problem happens with videos. Real life colors seen with naked eye are nothing like those seen on pictures/video.

Umberto,

It looks maravilloso. I'm not that picky. If the night lights are a little off and performance it's good then that's all that matters to me.

It looks maravilloso. I'm not that picky. If the night lights are a little off and performance it's good then that's all that matters to me.

Well, "a little off", is surely more accurate than "all wrong"...how would you improve them ?

CYVR is extremely good on fps, but lies in an area where the fps is already bad without any scenery, and users overloaded it with other memory hungry addons that ARE available in that area, so CYVR (being released after all those existing product) god an UNDESERVED bad reputation of being "heavy", when it clearly wasn't.

And, CYVR raised user's awareness of trying DX10. Again, not because it used much memory on its own (it was similar to KLAX, but KLAX didn't had too many memory hungry add-ons to add to it), but because it was in that tricky area, which was already fully crowded before we even started adding stuff ( OrbX PNW, Vancouver+,etc.).

KIAH lies in a more favorable environment, and because of this will probably get a way better reputation for good fps, just like KDFW.

We don't cherry-pick sceneries based on the emptiness of the surroundings, in order to brag about good fps. We do the sceneries that users want more (CYVR was voted by our users, a couple of years ago), and if they happen to be in a crowded area, there's not much to do, other than trying to teach how to properly configure the sim when flying *THERE*.

This time, we got luckier, and KIAH resides in a way more fps friendly environment, but we would have done it even if it wasn't.

I am not the only one that had issues and still do (with CYVR). JFK is in a very crowded area and that preforms great. I will try the demo for IAH. As I said I have the majority of your products and love them. Was just very disappointed with CYVR and have long since uninstalled it. Have many friends that are fellow simmers with similar issues with CYVR and have also abandon it.

Richie Walsh

I am not the only one that had issues and still do (with CYVR)

That was my point, I KNOW that many users mistakenly believed CYVR had some kind of "problem", but it hasn't. Surely not fps problems, it was a bit heavy on memory, but not really more than KLAX, but in THAT place, being even "a bit" heavy on memory, was probably too much.

JFK is in a very crowded area and that preforms great.

JFK is about 1rd of the polygonal complexity of both KLAX and CYVR, and even if it has been re-released, its basic design still dates back to 2008, so it was made for PC of 8 years ago. Not comparable.

Was just very disappointed with CYVR and have long since uninstalled it. Have many friends that are fellow simmers with similar issues with CYVR and have also abandon it.

You THOUGHT to have issues with CYVR. You had issues with being in the CYVR area, and you can't expect a detailed add-on airport would IMPROVE an already bad frame rate.

BTW, here's my fps at CYVR, whole airport in view...my system is not very well suited for high fps in FSX, it's a 2009 Mac Pro with 2.66 Xeon processor, with 2GB nVidia 670 GTX.

www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/images/2014-7-5_1-41-29-654.jpg

Just tried it out. Outstanding FPS. Just purchased it as well. Great Job!

Richie Walsh

I've got zero issues with CYVR and I'm running near max everything with Orbx etc etc. CYVR gets smashed but for the life of me I can't see why.

KIAH is amazing. Quality is amazing with great FPS. So why don't you just download the trial and see?