Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

FSDT KIAH is Out

You can use ALL of the FSDT and flightbeam (not SFO) airports without AES. As Virtuali said. You can use GSX for FSDT airports in full version.

Philipp Schwaegerl

GA area lacking? Can you be specific ? I had it in my cart this morning but decided not to buy mainly because I don't fly there often.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I did had a problem the first time. I tried on a different device and the purchase went thru using Paypal.

If you have any payment problems, you should contact Esellerate at this address:

shopper@esellerate.net

I believe the error page says the same thing. We don't process payments in any way and we don't have your payment details so, if the problem is not on PayPal's end, it might be Esellerate, and they can surely verify this.

Thanks for the quick responses, I just went over to simMarket and bought it with no problems.

So this is what I encountered after a 3.4 hr flight in the NGX

1. Progressive taxi is broken. Arrows point in odd direction. Also not always visible.

2. Air bridges: if you are taxiing, you crash.

3. Performance is fine during the day, but add weather and night and you will see a hit ( as usual).

4. Textures are ok (2048) but push no boundaries in technological scheivements.

This scenery needs to be optimized still. I can't say this is the best airport that I've purchased in the last 6 mos. I'm not being nasty, I just expect more in 2014.

supporter.jpg

1. Don't use it so .... Could be mesh setting ?

2. Not had that issue, mind you I have crash detection off

3. Great performance at night. FPs is 30+ and smooth as butter Using DX10 though.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Tried demo fps were great with 100% ai - but did not show that much ai not sure why

Rich Sennett

Tried demo fps were great with 100% ai - but did not show that much ai not sure why

Try this Afcad Rich

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=184987

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, seems to be an issue. I had to increase UT2 to 100%

Yes, seems to be an issue. I had to increase UT2 to 100%

Same here I am using UT2 and have UT settings 100% and in p3d 100% never had to do that before 30% would have been enough - still deciding if I want to purchase KIAH looks decent and blends very nicely with surround area 

Rich Sennett

Same here I am using UT2 and have UT settings 100% and in p3d 100% never had to do that before 30% would have been enough - still deciding if I want to purchase KIAH looks decent and blends very nicely with surround area 

I'm still using the version before the last update as I wanted to still be able to manipulate the database. I've discovered that almost every time I import new flight plans, it will make almost 50% of those plans set at 97%-100% density. I did a quick check of KIAH and found 4361 departures. 1600+ are set at 85% or higher density. Meaning anything below 85% is going to eliminate 1600+ flights. That's almost 10 flights an hour every day.

I'm still using the version before the last update as I wanted to still be able to manipulate the database. I've discovered that almost every time I import new flight plans, it will make almost 50% of those plans set at 97%-100% density. I did a quick check of KIAH and found 4361 departures. 1600+ are set at 85% or higher density. Meaning anything below 85% is going to eliminate 1600+ flights. That's almost 10 flights an hour every day.

Wow thats not good - thanks as I am using P3D UT2 was the best choice as I tried most of them - some more wasted money - lol

Rich Sennett

I've purchased everything from FSDT for the past 6 years or so and I'm going to buy IAH soon as I get home. I easily get 35fps with Cyvr in the NGX with dx10 n pretty hi setting so I don't know what the problem is with everyone else.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1. Progressive taxi is broken. Arrows point in odd direction. Also not always visible.

That's always been like this for ALL our sceneries released after 2010. Using the fast FSX native code with shaders on ground, result in losing the progressive taxi function.

And why you would need an unrealistic progressive taxi function, when you can use a more lifelike GSX Follow Me, which is free to use at KIAH ?

2. Air bridges: if you are taxiing, you crash.

You don't, if you set the Mesh Resolution as indicated in the manual. You are not crashing into anything made by the scenery, you are crashing into an underlying mesh which is adding spikes and artifacts if you set the Mesh Resolution too high.

3. Performance is fine during the day, but add weather and night and you will see a hit ( as usual).

But if you tried it with a fps heavy add-on airplane, you are NOT testing the KIAH performance, you are testing the performance of your fps heavy add-on airplane on a complex weather.

Is your frame rate on a default (comparably large) airport with the same weather, same airplane and same number of surrounding AI, MUCH better than KIAH ? That would be the only comparison that would make sense.

4. Textures are ok (2048) but push no boundaries in technological achievements.

After breaking all the possible technological achievements in CYVR, which is still unmatched in what it does (*nobody* does dynamic shadows with the correct astronomical calculations behind), and being unfairly smacked because that area was so crowded with other add-ons product that OOMs started to appear because users insisted using CYVR with too high settings, too many add-ons at the same time in the same area, we decided to play a bit safer this time, and release textures in 2048 size.

That's because, although we HAVE an easy to use Texture size slider in the Addon Manager, that doesn't even require to restart FSX to apply changes, users seems to feel diminished if they must lower a setting, so this time we release the textures directly in the 2048 size, so they won't use too much memory even if the slider is set at 4096 in the sim.

However, the original textures we worked on, were at 4096 size. This would result in a 4x increase in memory usage. We are considering to RELEASE them, as an OPTIONAL download.

This scenery needs to be optimized still.

The scenery is already as optimized as hell. Are there other KIAH around with better quality and/or better performances ? That's the only comparison that makes sense, is on the SAME airport.

Something you can probably do with a recently released JFK airport for another developer. Performance, quality, memory, etc...

Just Picked up 3 more to add to collection

KIAD, PHNL,CYVR  good discount voucher $21.50 each....

ZORAN