Sign in to follow this  
DANEQ99

FSDT Addon Manager causing FSX Crash

Recently I went to re-install KLAX since the Addon Manager decided it was no longer in my FSX. I re-installed KLAX and went to open FSX. But it crashes without any error on start up. When I uninstall the Addon Manager everything works fine, but with it installed FSX does not open and closes without error. I have the latest C++ files, I have disabled the folder from my anti virus and I have tried deleted the Esellerate DLL and re-installing addon manager. No methods work unless I have no addon manager completely. 

Dane Quartel 

post your issue in the correct forum where you will get the right advice  to solve your issue  being

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm having the exact same issue trying to install the new KIAH scenery. My Addon Manager is corrupt with every install and I've had to delete my other FSDT sceneries and Addon Manager/Couatl to get FSX running again. And I can't register on the forum because it says my Gmail account is spam. Good stuff. 

I need a drink. 

KIAH ;looks good but I have long been fed up with this AddOn Manager approach.  I have just had too many issues with it.  Have all been resolved?  Yes.  But the time involved in getting that done is well in excess of the time I have spent at the various airports.  I have many other places I can fly to.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Addon Manager is a joke, it has caused nothing but issues...

CFII & Delta 737 First Officer

Addon Manager for me has worked without issues for the past 2+ years. I have all FSDreamteam scenery except Geneva.

This is an anti piracy feature of FSDT. Certain files that read positive (pirated files) will cause the sim to shut down.

That being said it can have a false positive, contacting Umberto at FSDT will correct this if it is the case.

He personally helped me with just such an issue so like others above I suggest you contact Umberto.

And for the record, until my false positive I have had zero issues with the bglman software and I too own all of FSDT stuff.

Addon Manager for me has worked without issues for the past 2+ years. I have all FSDreamteam scenery except Geneva.

+1 except that I have Geneva

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

When things turn to custard, download and run the "Stand Alone Manager".

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Bought Denver and Addon Manager has stuffed my fsx setup. EZDOK / FSUIPC no longer work and frequent start up crashes. Total disaster to buy Denver then.

Bought Denver and Addon Manager has stuffed my fsx setup. EZDOK / FSUIPC no longer work and frequent start up crashes. Total disaster to buy Denver then.

I see you fixed your problem as stated on the Flightbeam forum and attributed it to your error. So buying Denver wasn't a disaster after all.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good pickup. He should post the positive result here as well.

kden is another amazing flightbeam airport.

Hirdy

I see you fixed your problem as stated on the Flightbeam forum and attributed it to your error. So buying Denver wasn't a disaster after all.

It wasn't my error. Denver comes with Addon Manager and it took a good hour or so to fix what Addon Manager affected. My FSX set up has been honed to perfection on my rig over a long period of time and runs beautifully with very high settings so I get a bit upset if I buy something that wants to make changes to that. I am still getting odd graphical glitches at the moment and am working on it.

Personally, I would rather have instructions to modify fsx.cfg myself rather than use a program like this.

Meanwhile the product that I did want, Denver, is top notch. 

As an owner of all of the airports produced by both FSDT and Flightbeam, I'm stumped by reports that the Addon Manager has made changes to other user's fsx.cfg file. I've never experienced that and have been completely satisfied by these products.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png