Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Six big stutters every 30sec's

Hi all, I've been trying for at least 12 months now to rid fsx of this big stutter that happens every 30sec's, without going into it in a long drawn out blog I've tried every thing as per the guides to the tee, running FTXG, DX10 FIXER, all the bufferpool settings, clean installs on it's own drive, numerous fsx.cfg set up's and the list goes on without any change what so ever, the only thing I haven't done is autting down process's and service' that are running in the back ground as I'm totally unsure as to what can be shut down, could some one point me in a direction as to where I can find a guide to do this as a last resort to see if that can slove the problem, win7 64bit, thankyou.

Cheers Rod.

I had the same annoying issue. What worked for me was to set the vsync in NI as controlled by the 3D application and turned the vsync on in fsx.cfg under graphics section. Initially I had 1/2 refresh rate enabled with the regular stutters as you mentioned.

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Seems to be a system service starting in the background. I used to get stutters a lot - but they just stopped as I disabled services I didnt need.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Thanks guys, I will try the different vsync option and see how we go but I still think it may be a services running issue but unfortunately I'm really not sure what services to disable as I'm
not really that computer savy when it
comes to doing that, drago could you give me some idea as to where I might start? Thanks again for the input.

Cheers Rod.

P.S. sorry Drago I meant to point the service's question to 777.

Thanks guys, I will try the different vsync option and see how we go but I still think it may be a services running issue but unfortunately I'm really not sure what services to disable as I'm

not really that computer savy when it

comes to doing that, drago could you give me some idea as to where I might start? Thanks again for the input.

Cheers Rod.

http://www.askvg.com/windows-7-services-that-can-be-safely-set-to-manual/

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Do you by any chance have auto-save turned on within FSUIPC? That could cause the stutters everytime it saves...

Cheers!

Most likely a background process.

Turn of your anti-virus and see if that stops it - there may be several associated processes, which AV are you using?

Also a few anti malware progs have background processes by way of real time monitoring - try turning those off too (e.g. malwarebytes, spybot, adaware, etc. and any system tuneup utilities).

Other than that, you need to understand what each background process is doing.  Start the task manager and post screenshots of all the tasks running (or list them if you prefer).  Most of us here will have seen most of them and will be able to perhaps spot any likely culprits for you.

You could of course have a virus (hope not and that's the least likely scenario).

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Even better than turning off Antivirus protection is to see if it has a setting called "Silent Mode". 

Your computer will be protected but no scanning, updating, or other service will run while you

are using FSX.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I was suggesting turning off the processes as a diagnostic exercise rather than keeping them all switched off for ever.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

It may be a background process, but I think the 30 secs frequency is significant. I noticed a while back that my CPU utilisation went sky high for 30 secs every minute, even when I was sitting on the tarmac cold and dark. That was eventually diagnosed as FSX refreshing its scenery, which (I'm told) it does at this frequency whatever else is going on. My rig/setup (tuned to Nick N's guide) seems to be able to cope with the extra load without stuttering, but it looks a close run thing. Then again, I don't fly demanding aircraft like NGX or into busy modern airports with lots of AI.  

I had the same problem. I tried numerous re-installs, I tried installing on different drives, I tried different configurations, lefts some scenery uninstalled, did registry tweaks to stop the CPU parking and nothing helped.

I could not understand what was causing it as it had run fine for ages with no problem, now I was getting freezes. By chance I did an install and set everything up before I installed Microsoft Security Essentials and everything worked fine. When I installed MSE it started again.

I had always had MSE since it came out and had set it not to check my FSX folder or any folder that was associated with it, so it would not scan it, but for some reason it had started causing stutters. I can only assume that something in an update was causing the problem. I tried by turning the realtime protection off but this made no difference. When I uninstalled it completely then no stutters.

Can you tell me how to set MSE to ignore the FSX folder?

I have used MSE for years with no problems. But to answer your question:

Open MSSE

Settings Tab

Exclude Files and Folders

Browse to your FSX folder

Highlight and Add

Save changes

Any of this just affects scans and not the Real Time Protection.

If it is that regular, you should be able to see the process in Windows Task Manager.

Run FSX and Task Manager side by side in windowed mode with the Task Manager showing Processes, sorted by CPU usage.

Bert