Sign in to follow this  
hugopilot

How do PMDG make airplanes

Hello, can anybody tell how PMDG make that detail cockpit?

I wanna make a A350-800-900-900R-1000-F Versions

This is what i wanna know:

• What kind of software they use (example: FS Design Studio 3.5)
  • how they create the model (.MDL Files)
  • how they make a virtual cockpit that fully works

If the software is secret (or other) please tell then the best alternitive.

Thanks

Hugo

hugopilot, on 05 Jul 2014 - 9:17 PM, said:

Hello, can anybody tell how PMDG make that detail cockpit?

I wanna make a A350-800-900-900R-1000-F Versions

This is what i wanna know:

• What kind of software they use (example: FS Design Studio 3.5)
  • how they create the model (.MDL Files)
  • how they make a virtual cockpit that fully works

If the software is secret (or other) please tell then the best alternitive.

Thanks

Hugo

So you just asked a company with a good few employees, a global and very loyal customer base, and Boeing licensed software provider, to share their proprietary information so you can develop a competing product?

I suppose they do the 3D modelling for the VC and outside plane in for example 3D Studio Max or Maya.

Then I suppose they do the systemsprogramming with C++. 

It takes a company with a good few emplyees a few years to develop an Aircraft. 

Its kinda impossible for you to make a A350 thats any way near good by your self.

But Good luck. =P

So you just asked a company with a good few employees, a global and very loyal customer base, and Boeing licensed software provider, to share their proprietary information so you can develop a competing product?

What proprietary informations? Cmon, he just asked about some software and general process.

Karim is right, but I wouldn't say it's impossible, just requires insane amount of dedication and good skill.

Anyone can do almost anything, it's about just having the right amount of determination, passion and ambition :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

You should post on the developers forums, lots of people have made addon aircraft for FSX and there is a method to it that you can follow. I would tell you but honestly I have no clue......I look at PMDG addons the way I look at the iphone/ipad.  I have no clue how they do it, just glad that they do and purchase upon release.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

What proprietary informations? Cmon, he just asked about some software and general process.

Karim is right, but I wouldn't say it's impossible, just requires insane amount of dedication and good skill.
PMDG products are developed using Boeing licensed, proprietary information that they pay for. Ask Ryan Robert or any of the team. That info is not just publically available. You would NOT be able to develop a PMDG quality product without this same type of information. And to blatantly ask a developer how they achieved there magic formula - rude. He should develop his own company making PMDG quality Airbus products, using techniques he developed with his team, and then maybe we would have a true Airbus vs Boeing flight sim duopoly. If PMDG takes years to develop airliner add-ons with a team of many people, I assume the OP plans to release the A350 series for FSX right about when the A390 enters service to replace it in real life.

PMDG products are developed using Boeing licensed, proprietary information that they pay for. Ask Ryan Robert or any of the team. That info is not just publically available. You would NOT be able to develop a PMDG quality product without this same type of information. And to blatantly ask a developer how they achieved there magic formula - rude

He asked none of that. Read the question again. Carefully. 

g_precentralis, on 05 Jul 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

He asked none of that. Read the question again. Carefully. 

I read it again and stand by my comments: He said: how they make a virtual cockpit that fully works.

I read it again and stand by my comments: He said: how they make a virtual cockpit that fully works.

Yes, that's what he asked. He didn't asked about boeing proprietary informations, nor it would be useful at all for his "A350 project". There is quite difference between how to make every switch works, and how to make every switch works correctly the thing it's assigned for.

Yes, that's what he asked. He didn't asked about boeing proprietary informations, nor it would be useful at all for his "A350 project". There is quite difference between how to make every switch works, and how to make every switch works correctly the thing it's assigned for.

I think the point is he is effectively asking for a PMDG template to create an A350 that is equivalent to PMDG products. With that, I am not going to respond to this thread any further, as I don't wish for any ill will amongst us all. I am sure he didn't mean any harm, but Google might have resulted in better answers for "how to make an FSX .mdl" 

Wes

Your attitude stinks.

The topic started asked a genuine question. Did you see anywhere in his post him asking for any PMDG specifics?

Boeing licensed software provider

Please don't throw around "Boeing licensed" as if it actually meant anything. There are below freeware standard products (such as Abacus 787) that read "Boeing officially licensed". I believe it means that the developer has simply paid for a license. I don't really believe PMDG has access to any kind of "secret" special information from Boeing that other developers couldn't obtain like some people seem to suggest

What kind of software they use (example: FS Design Studio 3.5)

Don't know for sure but I would bet they use 3ds Max,I believe that's the most popular program for professional 3d modeling. However if you are planning to start 3D modeling FSDS / Gmax are the best choices. I use FSDS for scenery creation. In the end any of these programs can be used to create great stuff. 

Regards,

Joona L