Sign in to follow this  
hugopilot

How do PMDG make airplanes

On the code side we're basically 100% MS Visual C++. There's also a small amount of XAudio (part of the DirectX SDK) used for the custom sound processor, which is the reason the NGX and 777 require the DX runtimes at the end of the install. Both the NGX SP1c and 777 were done in Visual Studio 2010. I imagine we'll probably move up to 2013 for the 744v2. We don't use FSUIPC in our FSX products - it's 100% SimConnect.

On the general topic of this thread, some of you guys definitely do need to calm down - even if someone knew the entire list of tools we use to make our products, (which I actually have posted before in the past when asked) that doesn't enable someone to replicate what we do. It's the decades of experience with FS and all its quirks, the educations our developers have, etc. (for example Vangelis actually has a PhD in computational dynamics - no one's going to create an FMC or an autopilot like ours without that kind of advanced mathematical modelling background and knowledge) Knowing *what* something is made with doesn't tell you *how* to make it.

To make an analogy to music - knowing the exact guitars, amps, drums, etc. that a song was recorded with doesn't tell you how to *write* that song.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Clearly multiple cases of sense of humour bypasses.

What? Not so fast! My comment wasn't directed to Great Ozzies little potion making clip. ^_^  

What? Not so fast! My comment wasn't directed to Great Ozzies little potion making clip. ^_^  

Then my profound apologies. I obviously misread your post. 

Medic! :BigGrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

This thread is comical LOL

ZORAN

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Slow down there 77West! It was clearly an innocent request in a freandly forum! :-) Have you considered going into litigation? Lol

Send fifty thousand US dollars cash, unmarked, un-sequential to every member of the forum offended! Lol Just kidding! Yep! I saw that man! It was misinterpreted and you did apologize. That's cool of you. I just thought it was some funny ###### how fast and brutal you jumped on the guy, that's all. See Yah! Lol

Ray "Bones" Lemus

If you guys read the whole thread you would see that I actually misunderstood the OP's intent - and I apologised. What more do you want me to do?

Send fifty thousand US dollars cash, unmarked, un-sequential to every member of the forum offended! Lol Just kidding! Yep! I saw that man! It was misinterpreted and you did apologize. That's cool of you. I just thought it was some funny sh&t how fast and brutal you jumped on the guy, that's all. See Yah! Lol

Ray "Bones" Lemus

How PMDG  make the model and how it makes a vitrual cockpit is proprietory and is a trade-secret - based on PMDGs know-how, expertise and experience.    It would be foolish to thinK that that PMDG would simply give that anyone who asked for it.

There is nothing proprietary that PMDG is doing in creating their planes.  They have the same access to the SDK's, modeling software, C+ and libraries that the public has. Their secret sauce is that they have access to detailed specs and data (Boeing licensing), excellent programming and insane attention to detail.   

There is nothing proprietary that PMDG is doing in creating their planes.  They have the same access to the SDK's, modeling software, C+ and libraries that the public has. Their secret sauce is that they have access to detailed specs and data (Boeing licensing), excellent programming and insane attention to detail.

the Oxford Dictionary defines 

"Relating to an owner or ownership: the company has a proprietary right to the property."

Does PMDG not have a  proprietary right to its property?

I would rather see how their HQ looks like.

If you have the 777, turn around and look at the paperwork on the wall.  One of those pieces of paper has an address.  Copy the address down, and then run on over to Google Maps, and go to street view.  That'll show you the outside of it, anyway...

For the inside?  Here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/394756-a-little-bit-of-thank-you/

Kyle Rodgers

thx

haha - welcome

Only found that thread because I remembered pointing out that the reflection in the window looked like the Embassy Suites by my brother's house (which is right down the street from the office as I came to find out).  The fact that I figured the location out by a reflection in the window rests as proof to certain members of the team that I'm truly a nerd...haha.  Oh well... 

Kyle Rodgers

Looks like it seriously needs a good solid aeronautics background to even write a decent addon..languages and tools are secondary..

Send fifty thousand US dollars cash, unmarked, un-sequential to every member of the forum offended! Lol Just kidding! Yep! I saw that man! It was misinterpreted and you did apologize. That's cool of you. I just thought it was some funny ###### how fast and brutal you jumped on the guy, that's all. See Yah! Lol
Hell, asked to crawl through broken glass, monetary demands, I don't even think Kyle has had it this bad! (Or has he! :lol: )

I stand by the principle of my argument but accept it was unfounded in this case - It appeared to me to be an intentional "pot stirring" post. We can all learn that no matter how well you think you know world languages, you can still misinterpret some peoples ideas.

After reflection, I Feel perhaps I have become to cynical and quick to jump on people whom I deem in error - a result, perhaps of over-exposure to the general public \ humanity.

On the code side we're basically 100% MS Visual C++. There's also a small amount of XAudio (part of the DirectX SDK) used for the custom sound processor, which is the reason the NGX and 777 require the DX runtimes at the end of the install. Both the NGX SP1c and 777 were done in Visual Studio 2010. I imagine we'll probably move up to 2013 for the 744v2. We don't use FSUIPC in our FSX products - it's 100% SimConnect.

On the general topic of this thread, some of you guys definitely do need to calm down - even if someone knew the entire list of tools we use to make our products, (which I actually have posted before in the past when asked) that doesn't enable someone to replicate what we do. It's the decades of experience with FS and all its quirks, the educations our developers have, etc. (for example Vangelis actually has a PhD in computational dynamics - no one's going to create an FMC or an autopilot like ours without that kind of advanced mathematical modelling background and knowledge) Knowing *what* something is made with doesn't tell you *how* to make it.

To make an analogy to music - knowing the exact guitars, amps, drums, etc. that a song was recorded with doesn't tell you how to *write* that song.

Well thank you for the help, and everybody else who want me to help with the A350 for FSX.

i want to apologise to 77West because of this

'77west', on 05 Jul 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

I offer a sincere apology to the OP as I think I may have misunderstood the tone of what he was asking. It came across to me as someone who knew quite well they were asking the right question in the wrong place. So again I offer my apologies if this was not the case

if you think, please give me a website where i ask it normal or just stop then with saying i am on the wrong place

Please reply to help me!

hugopilot, on 09 Jul 2014 - 12:37 AM, said:

Well thank you for the help, and everybody else who want me to help with the A350 for FSX.

i want to apologise to 77West because of this

Please reply to help me!

Thank you Hugopilot (PS - we still don't know your name - someone else is gonna jump on that in a minute! - Just sign it at the bottom of your posts.)  [ mods - just suggesting that before someone else does... no BSM intended  :ph34r: ]

I wish you all the best with your A350. (And I would actually buy a PMDG-quality A350 in a heartbeat)

And Kudos to the PMDG team for offering you far more info than most developers would.

Perhaps you could end up the 'PMDG' of Airbus airliners.

Again thanks for being far more tolerant of what many people would, and I retract any harm I may have caused.

Wesley.