Sign in to follow this  
PGBosak

HOTAS/yoke and pedals for all my PMDG aircraft

Hi Captains,

i'd like to replace my old HOTAS with something more solid and precise. (FSX/P3D soon)

Does anything speak against the Warthog HOTAS? Any known limitation regarding PMDG aircraft or incompatibilies?

As this hardware hasn't z-axis i'll have to look for a pedal solution :unsure: , too. Do you have any suggestion for me?

I found:

'CH Products Pro Pedals'

and

'Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals'

Any known issues with FSUIPC?

thanks for all your input

ps: any ideas on a solid yoke are much appreciated, too.

Hi,

I use a Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals. Everything is set up through fsuipc (paid version) and it's working like a charm for the 737, 777 and MD11. I can highly recommend this setup and I'm very happy. I'm using this setup now for at least 6 years.

As for the Warthog HOTAS I don't have any experience with that.

Greetings,

Peter Aertssen

EHAM

Amsterdam

I have hotas setup for throttles and joystick as yoke I love it very sturdy and no issues, also has a lot of buttons for programming controls.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I have the x52 from Saitek and i'm probably the only person on the planet to have it programmed via Saitek's software. That also means i have 3 times more buttons than everyone else. Never had an issue.

I do have one complaint regarding Saitek joysticks. They're all made for right hand on stick, so using a mouse and flying is really hard. And i know it has a little mouse joystick, but that's just as hard to use. I was thinking about getting a yoke, but i don't think i could live without all the buttons.

Cristi Neagu

Hi,

I use a Saitek yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals. Everything is set up through fsuipc (paid version) and it's working like a charm for the 737, 777 and MD11. I can highly recommend this setup and I'm very happy. I'm using this setup now for at least 6 years.

As for the Warthog HOTAS I don't have any experience with that.

Greetings,

Peter Aertssen

EHAM

Amsterdam

Hi Peter,

What are your assignments to the buttons. I'm playing with mine and keen to see what others have set up.

Cheers,

Billy

WW1294.png

Hi Peter,

What are your assignments to the buttons. I'm playing with mine and keen to see what others have set up.

Cheers,

Billy

Hi Billy,

I have only set buttons for flaps and landing gear. Also on the TQ I've set reverse thrust. That's all I did.

Cheers,

Peter Aertssen

Amsterdam

Its not on your list however I use the MS sidewinder force feedback. There is a add on program called FSforce software that controls the force feedback.

Its a but kicker for your hands, amazing immersion. It has a z axis.

ZORAN

Hello Paul,

I switched to Warthog HOTAS+Combat Rudder Pedals from Saitek X52 recently. Both Warthog and rudder pedals are quite heavy, robust units which I suppose you will be very satisfied. Especially stiff and precise  flight stick experience is second to none. I use them in my PMDG planes without problem, I set up mine with the help of the following link: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359989-warthog-setup-tips-n-tricks/ which I hope you can benefit. If you are used to rotary dials and sliders from your previous setup, you have to give up these in Warthog as it has just one slider. Also most of the buttons are two or three position switches, so it might not be easy to map the push button requirements in PMDG (e.g. MCP buttons). These were not show stoppers for me, but wanted to share as it is not an cheap platform to switch. 

Cheers

Murat

Murat Ozgul

If you mount the Warthog stick between your knees instead of having it up on the desk you will get precision second to none. That way you can fly with your fingers instead of having to rely on wrist/arm movements only.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Guys,

thank you all for your input, much appreciated! It really helped me coming to a decision.

I settled on Warthog and most probably Combat Rudder Pedals. 

But yesterday i found another rudder solution which could make me rethink my pedals decision. 

I'll propably ask this guy about his current order position:

http://mfg.simundza.com/mfgcrosswind.php

These pedals look fantastic and seem to be very solid for the price.