Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

Skeletons in the (PMDG) closet

Greetings all,

I recently installed FSX onto my new computer, specifically into the SSD. When I installed the PMDG aircraft (737's and 777), I am getting a skeleton plane, both from the outside and from cockpit view. I tried reinstalling the plane thru the OPS center, but that didn't do any good. Any ideas on how to correct this? 

Also, I tried copying and pasting my FSX.cfg file, but the forum doesn't allow my to paste it. Forgive my ignorance, but what I am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Ron

add HIGHMEMFIX=1 into your fsx.cfg under the [GRAPHICS] section ..and all the skeletons in your closet will disappear :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Already done. I should have mentioned this earlier, and it is the #1 answer to this issue. However, the problem remains......

Ron, u are one in a million, u can see what actually is under the skin of PMDG planes !!

Seriously, issue ticket and surely Ryan will help u.

Artur 

Could try updating .net Framework and/or update graphics drivers.

heres the link to raise a ticket

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Actually, if you're using the EZDok add-on, the skeleton issue can arise.  I think you have to re-run the EZDok CONFIGURATION MANAGER utility. This is caused if you add a new aircraft to your FSX setup and fail to re-run the Configuration Utility.  You must run it after each new aircraft install.

There is a folder in your programs list called EZCA (If I remember right) and one of the programs within that folder is the configuration manager.  Be sure FSX is NOT running when you run the configuration manager!!

Worst case, some users report having to uninstall and then reinstall EZDok, but that's quite a PITA.  If you have to go there, be sure you export your camera views for each aircraft, or you may lose them.  Export them to your desktop.  After reinstall, import them back into EZDok.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Robert,

The EZDOK solution has come up before, however I don't currently have it installed. I was waiting to be sure the PMDG acft were running normally before re-installing EZDoc. I've submitted a ticket with PMDG, just awaiting their response.

Robert,

The EZDOK solution has come up before, however I don't currently have it installed. I was waiting to be sure the PMDG acft were running normally before re-installing EZDoc. I've submitted a ticket with PMDG, just awaiting their response.

I used to get missing fan blades when I loaded up a 777 repaint not done by PMDG, but I resolved it by loading the default "PMDG" version of that paint then changing aircraft. Also the HIGHMEMFIX worked for me when I had the skeleton issue...hope your issue gets resolved 

spacer.png

Ron,

Despite your PC making mine look pretty weak, the only thing that would cure my skeleton plane (737) was to make repaints at  lower resolution..I.E 2048, or 1024, rather than the 4096 that all paints/ repaints are.

When i posted this news, it kinda went unnoticed or was brushed off...

If you cant cure the problem any other way then give it a try....you wont notice any diffrence in looks of the repaint quality at a a lower resolution - at normall veiwing distances...and even then if you were to zoom in the diffrence in quality Vs performance isnt werth worrying about.

Luke Pype

I used to get missing fan blades when I loaded up a 777 repaint not done by PMDG, but I resolved it by loading the default "PMDG" version of that paint then changing aircraft.

Imran,

That might have happened because the texture.cfg file inside the texture folder of the non-PMDG repaint was written incorrectly.  The texture.cfg file is supposed to point to shared files in other texture folders.  Take a look at the texture.cfg file in a livery that is working correctly and see if there are differences.  Unfortunately I don't think that's the OP's problem.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Imran,

That might have happened because the texture.cfg file inside the texture folder of the non-PMDG repaint was written incorrectly.  The texture.cfg file is supposed to point to shared files in other texture folders.  Take a look at the texture.cfg file in a livery that is working correctly and see if there are differences.  Unfortunately I don't think that's the OP's problem.

Mike

Hi Mike,It was a problem but now its sorted, thanks for the help.

spacer.png

Could try updating .net Framework and/or update graphics drivers.

heres the link to raise a ticket

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

.NET framework is not used by our products or by FSX itself - it's the runtimes for the MS C# language, which is generally too slow to use in performance intensive applications like FSX. C++ runtimes and DirectX runtimes are all you need to use our products.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ron, is this stock FSX + PMDG or what by way of scenery have you added? Have you made any changes to your fsx.cfg (other than HIGHMEMFIX=1)?

Can you try a test with dll.xml renamed?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Probably something you did not forget, but just to make sure:

Did you install the FSX Servicepacks?

Hey all,

Just an fyi...I'm running the default PMDG planes (no add-on liveries), along with default scenery. I also have SP2 installed (I also installed SP1 prior to that) . I don't want to install the add-ons until I get this issue fixed.

In addition to the HIGHMEM fix, I also changed the max text load to 4096. That's all I've changed in the fsx.cfg file.

I sent a ticket to PMDG on Friday  Understandably, due to the holiday weekend I haven't received a response yet, hopefully will get one today or tomorrow.

Ron