Sign in to follow this  
--Randy--

Video Discussion: FSX Fiber Accelerator Comparison Test

Name: FSX Fiber Accelerator Comparison Test

Category: Home Cockpit Videos

Date Added: 05 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Submitter: --Randy--

Short Description: Testing the FSPS Fiber Accelerator.

I have made 2 videos comparing with and without using the Fiber Accelerator.

I am a bit reluctant to post these because then the attacks will begin....but here goes.

Post Source: FSX Fiber Accelerator?

View Video

Randy

Randy,

Thanks for taking the time-out to share your thoughts and experiences with this tool.

You sure come over like a laid back guy. 

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts  after using it for a couple of weeks.

Kind Regards Brian

Hey Randy,

Think that was a useful comparison and I tried similar at Heathrow London; I would agree with you, it seems to adding some extra value in the fight against falling FPS and I thought it felt a little smoother and not quite as 'juddery!' Of course its early days and others may report different experiences that aren't so positive. Anyway fingers crossed this can continue to be developed as I think these guys have found yet another  potential breakthrough that improves arriving and departing some of the more complex airports and sceneries. Thanks Randy for your early report.

Dave Gi

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts after using it for a couple of weeks.

My thanks also, Randy, for sharing your initial results. Like Brian, I'm also very interested to hear about your experiences with the utility over the next few weeks. One thing specifically I'd like to hear about is how it manages performance in the PMDG NGX and 772 on final approach to complex airport scenery such as FSDT-CYVR/KLAX, Aerosoft-EHAM/EGLL/EDDF and similar. Do you notice reduced image quality, improved fps?

Thanks again.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration