Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

San Diego to Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ

Beautiful sights--San Diego and Sea World, the Salton Sea, Colorado River, and Metro Phoenix with Camelback mountain named because it resembles a sleeping camel perhaps (and thirsty one, since it is summer here now).  I've been busy creating new photo scenery which now stretches from Eastern Colorado to San Diego in the southwest and to parts of Oregon in the Northwest.  Will I ever upload it?  Probably, once I organize it by State--Colorado is already in Avsim's library.

John

0001_zpseedadf57.jpg

0002_zps0ada50e8.jpg

0003_zpscf896691.jpg

0004_zpsb41db31b.jpg

0005_zpse7764f35.jpg

0010_zps61099ed0.jpg

0011_zps27b5ec58.jpg

0012_zps79cdf2be.jpg

0013_zps48999e3e.jpg

0006_zps256c4dc8.jpg

0007_zps2d60b2ad.jpg

0008_zps5fd7b63a.jpg

0009_zps29806564.jpg

0014_zps621f44b7.jpg

0016_zps159d4646.jpg

0017_zpsf4543263.jpg

0018_zpsf8d33ab8.jpg

0015_zpsf84b78f1.jpg

Nice job on your photo scenery!  Gotta love Arizona....

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Stunning desert scenery!

HLJAMES

awesome shots! 

I just flew to Falcon the other day in a not too different aircraft - Cessna 510!

2014-7-2_13-46-43-293_zpsac125a87.jpg

Mitchell Haughee

Awesome Scenery. 

I grew up in San Diego and now live in Tucson, so I would definitely be interested in your scenery if it is ever available

Awesome Scenery. 

I grew up in San Diego and now live in Tucson, so I would definitely be interested in your scenery if it is ever available

Thanks for your interest...

The nice thing about the scenery I've made is it is at just the right resolution for VFR flight without being so detailed that it bogs down loading times.  I experimented for a while before I started churning it out.  It does take time to generate it--usually a day for a 20000 sm area.  Also like any photo scenery there are areas where the colors don't quite match up.  Lastly, I did not use water masks since that greatly adds to the time of development, which is why the commercial photo scenery vendors are so popular (and why their products have an expense to them given the amount of time it takes to develop their products).  My method of generating scenery, using FSEarthtiles does not take long because I only have to set four coordinates and FSEarthtiles does the rest according to the parameters I set up.  Also it may be hard to tell, but I greatly compress my scenery so that I can fit a state in about 4GB's give or take.  My Colorado set consists of 8 approx. 500MB files.  That's one reason it takes time to upload it--Avsim has a 500MB limit on uploads so I have to organize my work accordingly.  I developed my photo coverage hodgepodge and even skipped to the Alps briefly before returning to finish California.

John

Looks great, if it was a real plane I would have seen it right over my house!  :P

I'd love an AZ scenery (you know, living here and all).

Your scenery really looks good! Good enough that I can rattle off locations...

Pic 1: Mission Bay / Fiesta Island

Pic 2: San Vicente Resevoir

Pic 3: El Cajon (I can see my house)

Pic 4: El Capitan Resevoir

Pic 5: Alpine

I could go on, but you can guess I know the area from flying over it a lot in real life. I use the SoCal Megascenery, but it is really limited in area especially to the east. I'd be very interested in getting whatever you have for the area you are showing here!