Sign in to follow this  
Redeye64

RC 4.3 Reg key problems

Not having any luck getting my reg key , i've followed all stickys and contacted jd but my email is not on his records so my reg key cannot be processed .

This is not acceptable to be honest .

I would appreciate any help from ppl on the forums .

Thanks in advance .

Paul Readings .

Paul,

Did you use a different email address when registering to the one you bought it with? If so, why?

If you didn't then contact John Dekker at jd@jdtllc.com and explain your situation. Make sure your spam filter doesn't block replies from that address.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No i used the same email address , i have only the one which is gmail . I have sent a mail to jd but i got an email to say my email is wrong , which is strange because i have a receipt/invoice in my inbox .

Did John personally tell you your email is wrong or was it an automated reply?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It was from his email , not sure if it was automated tbh .

Here it is .

I am unable to find your email address in my records, and cannot process
your key request

Please request your key with an email from the same email address you used
when you purchased Radar Contact

If you have a new email address, please send your updates to: jd@jdtllc.com

Do no reply to this email.

end quote .

Thing is , i have only one email address which is the one i used so this makes no sense  .

Regards

Paul .

Paul,

That's an automated response. I'll bring this thread to JD's attention.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sometimes the process of getting e-mail information from the distribution vendor SWRG is delayed for some reason. This being a holiday weekend here in the US might contribute to the problem. Since Ray alerted him if he is out of his office, he'll respond when he returns.

Ok i got my code now , everything is working fine .

Thankyou for the help guys .

Regards

Paul

Paul,

Whilst you now have your key it does appear you didn't follow the instructions for the key to be generated by the automated process. For that to work customers have to format the email correctly.

If that process is followed the key will be generated very quickly even on holidays as was the case this weekend in the US.

And a reminder. I cannot generate keys so to all future customers please do not send me PMs asking for one. My help is limited to using RC and I'm happy to do that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

I respect that you are not helping on the forum to work on reg issues-- but where should one go for help?  I just reinstalled RC yesterday and am having problems getting a key--- looking around for help and am not sure where to go to get it.

RC is a great part of my sim life but it is (one must admitt) somewhat difficult to get re-installed---first there is the reg problem which is never simple---i have done it many times due to FSX being fragile in the first place, and in most cases the key issue was a bit of a problem---over the years I have re-purchased the program 5 or 6 times to solve the key issue----I always get an email telling me I do not need to do that, but here we are once again at the same place---I can not get an ansewer to my key request----(I fill in my info in the auto send box and then no key returns)  I have used the same email since the first time I bought RC 1 ----then there is the issue of all the problems of the dll tinkering that is difficult for many users (myself included).

Cheers

Dorn Cranert

Send all of your information as formatted in the pinned topic including spaces to:

doug@jdtllc.com

He is jd's backup.

FYI:

Your key should not change if your hd has not been reformatted, you have not upgraded Windows to a new major version, and you install RC in the same place including the disk/folder hierarchy. Always keep a copy of your key in a safe place.

Dorn,

I'm very surprised you felt the need to purchase RC4 more than once because of problems getting a new install registered. I sympathise with developers because they need to strike a balance between making their product secure from piracy whilst not putting too many obstacles in the way of the purchaser. Sadly it's a sign of our times.

I have no reason not to believe the troubles you've had trying to register RC4 on a new computer but in theory at least the requirements seem straight-forward. I haven't had to go through that process so can't speak from first hand experience.

Ronzie has published Doug Thompson's support email so that together with John Dekker's should always be your first point of contact should you not receive a key promptly. All I can do is monitor the forum and for those who have difficulty bring the post to the attention of those two gents.

Because it was written in VB there will always be a requirement for DLLs to be registered. There are pinned topics on how to solve those and if all else fails post a message but hopefully the topics will be sufficient.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well , just to leave things on a high note , and despite my initial problems getting a reg key , i must say that RC 4.3 is an excellent product that i couldnt be without now in fsx . I'm still learning the ropes with it but its a huge improvement over default atc . So once again thx for all the help . One happy customer .

Ray,

Thanks for the nice reply---I have tried to get my reg key for three or four days now---I have always ben a big fan of RC and all the work and cool imagination that went into developing the product---I am however tired of this reg and dil hassel so for the time being I am going to bid farewell to RC---I bought a product from a different developer and it is both more robust than RC and seems for the time being to work with a better "full imersion"---we will see as time goes by---I can always buy a new copy of RC if the "new Car" seems to loose it's luster.

Thanks

Cheers

Hi Machie,

I'm very sorry that you haven't received your key yet. Be aware it was a public holiday over the weekend in the US and that will have had a bearing on responding to non-automated emails. Nevertheless it greatly disappoints me that you have not received a key.

Good luck with the alternative product. The fact that you know RC4 so well will hold you in good stead when using your new 'Car'. :smile:  Remember you can always return and it won't be necessary to buy RC4 again.

All the best.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather