Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Anyone get a good landing with this using full flaps?

No problems here--got the Avanti shortly after it became avail for download from FSD, and I've made great landings with it. Of course I've never flown one--sounds like you may have if you suggest the airfile needs fixing. How should it land with full flaps? And what's happening to you when you try to land with full flaps?-John

Guest dutton

Typing on the laptop as the desktop is flying the Avanti to Hawaii. Lovely aircraft, just got mine yesterday.However, my first flight last night, the darn thing would not release the SPD on the autopilot eve though everything else was off. I ended up cutting the fuel off after about an hours worth of trying to figure out what was wrong in a hold. Glided in - no way was I going to crash it on the first flight.Did a re-install and no problem like that since.Did several more flights today and landed each one with full flaps, no problem at all. Very nice to land!Now, this evening I am noticing something else. The FC has been telling me I have had 3.6 hrs of fuel left per engine since I got to FL380 on my way to Honolulu. When I saw it, I was concerned because I figured it should be able to make the trip (although I could not find any range figures in the docs), but obviously the gauges were telling me something different. It is still showing 3.6 hours but FS tells me I have 51% left for fuel and I am almost half way there now, so I am thinking I am fine.BTW - I would post this over there but they have yet to approve my forum registration.

Guest 737_200_Pilot

She drops out of the sky like you threw out a spoiler and you have to add full throttle to keep it flying when going to full flaps, first notch of flaps is fine though.No I have not flown this tprop yet, thinkin about applying for a job flying one though, but I have flown lots of other tprops and never have I had to add that much power to keep it flying with full flaps, can't imagine the real bird requires full power on an ILS to keep the speed at ref.

Try to reduce the flaps drag_scalar in the aircraft.cfg to .5 or even to .25. That may give some improvement.Pity you haven't flown the Avanti yet--I was hoping with your ATP background you had. That begs an interesting question--how many would love to see a pirep section so pilots can offer pireps on real world experience with various aircraft? I bet you and others could offer a ton of insight..-John