Sign in to follow this  
LeeL

Helicopter with Reality XP

Hi

I'm looking for a highly detailed helicopter that is reality XP compatible, meaning its actually in the VC. And something that is not military or anything, I'm looking for a executive/VIP helo.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

I think the Milviz Bell407 is good

I like the Cerasim Bell 222 - but RXP is a custom mod and it looks a little weird

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Ryan I'll check it out. I should point out that I only have the 430W

I think that would work

If you get the 222 let me know I think I have a custom 430 VC integration

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think that would work

If you get the 222 let me know I think I have a custom 430 VC integration

Ryan which would you recommend? The 222 is on sale for $6 cheaper but I'm leaning towards the MV 407 because of the VC and native RXP integration.

I've never purchased a helo for fax haha

The 407 is newer, has amazing graphics, but probably harder on the frames than the 222, so depending on the detail of the scenery you are flying around and other factors such as real weather, you might want to take that into consideration. I also like the MilViz/Nemeth A109 for VIP transport, but as for RXP, no clue since I don't use it.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks I am leaning towards the MV407 I think, that along with the  Drzewiecki Design TEB, CDW and LDJ airports should make for some fun flying...too bad the 407 isnt included in any of the Milviz sales 

I'd say the 407 but might have to notch your settings down if flying those airports with the 407. I heard the VAS wasn't great with all those airports.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I'd say the 407 but might have to notch your settings down if flying those airports with the 407. I heard the VAS wasn't great with all those airports.

No kidding!!

Thanks I am leaning towards the MV407 I think, that along with the  Drzewiecki Design TEB, CDW and LDJ airports should make for some fun flying...too bad the 407 isnt included in any of the Milviz sales 

best of luck, can't imagine that scenario being anything other than a slideshow, LOL.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Yeah you guys are probably right, not even sure if I'll buy the 407, or any other helicopter for that matter. But if I do I'll know

Thanks guys

Yeah you guys are probably right, not even sure if I'll buy the 407, or any other helicopter for that matter. But if I do I'll know

Thanks guys

Don't let us turn you off on getting a good heli, they are almost all i fly, but heli flight requires a little more fluidity than fixed wing, so you really need to watch the areas you fly in so that performance doesn't suffer, I used to love buzzing around NY and LA in FS9, but with FSX, there are way to many variables that can kill your performance in big cities and that is just default. Throw in some detailed airports, AI, road traffic and real weather on top of some of the best addon helis and it sucks the fun right out of it, LOL.

Best, Michael

KDFW

mv407 isn't especially heavy on frames anymore, they took user's request to cut down the vc polygons.  it's now about the same as the realair tduke in a bad storm, in nice vfr wx, i get 30 with my box.

it can accept rxp gns530 and 430.   it looks great (except for the undersized pilot figure), sounds like the real thing, and plenty of repaints available.  fde is ok (fsx limited) but user can use htr to make it fly as good as a desktop allows, within reason.  you'll need a stick, throttle, and pedals to properly fly this thing, no yokes or twisty grip faux-pedals.

besides, with f1 wrapper, 30 day trial so no risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46qxnrJINnk

also, cera uh60, 412 and 222 will take the gns530, easy edit in the panel.cfg.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS