Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Having a Few Issues With P3D

I've had P3D for about 3 weeks now, and I'm tremendously impressed with it so far! There are still a few things I'm trying to figure out. I'm having two main problems really.

The first is that my FPS in the VC are way lower than on the external model. With VC shadows off completely the problem is still there. I took these 2 shots as a comparison to show what I mean. This is with every single plane by the way, not just the one in the picture.

2014-7-5_19-5-46-306_zps3a5218ca.png

2014-7-5_19-5-28-861_zps5f24d233.png

Any ideas on how to fix that?

My second problem is that the scenery takes an extremely long time to load. I have FTX Global installed in P3D and FSX and I have never experienced blurry scenery in FSX. But it can get atrocious at times in P3D. For example, default KBOS scenery and FTXG flying at 200kts:

2014-6-30_17-39-8-373_zps11f5bd4a.png

And it becomes even more pronounced when flying in FTX regions, like in the picture below where I have FTX EU England installed and I'm flying over, supposedly, Manchester  :blink: I have played with all the scenery settings, from tessellation to scenery complexity and I have not found a solution -_- 

2014-6-22_20-5-52-794_zpsdeb20e21.png

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

On your first issue: That is completely normal.

On your second issue: Look for topics here in this forum in which affinity mask settings were discussed. There you find the solution.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

My second problem is that the scenery takes an extremely long time to load. I have FTX Global installed in P3D and FSX and I have never experienced blurry scenery in FSX.

I got similarly result in Seattle when I had my settings far higher than what my system could handle.

Hi Jesse,

There is a few things that i notice that might causing what you see.

Your graphics card, what one are you using as you do not have that in your pc spec's and if you really only have 1gig of gpu ram that is not enough to run p3d effectively so you want to make sure that things like tessellation is turned off and volumetric fog and keep your AF and AA low.

With regards to the blurries you see, if you are using complex scenery addons and you have the correct Affinty Mask for your cpu you have to lower the scenery complexity slider as that can be the number one cause of blurries apart from using the wrong affinty mask setting. In fsx it would be normal to leave one core free for other things but in p3d you need to use all cores, this will be corrected in 2.3.

-Paul-

Hi Jesse,

There is a few things that i notice that might causing what you see.

Your graphics card, what one are you using as you do not have that in your pc spec's and if you really only have 1gig of gpu ram that is not enough to run p3d effectively so you want to make sure that things like tessellation is turned off and volumetric fog and keep your AF and AA low.

With regards to the blurries you see, if you are using complex scenery addons and you have the correct Affinty Mask for your cpu you have to lower the scenery complexity slider as that can be the number one cause of blurries apart from using the wrong affinty mask setting. In fsx it would be normal to leave one core free for other things but in p3d you need to use all cores, this will be corrected in 2.3.

Thanks for that. I have an AMD Radeon 5800 Series graphics card. I have been fiddling around with the affinity settings. Still haven't found the perfect one yet but I will get there ;) I turned off volumetric fog, it made a small boost in frames but nothing significant.

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS