Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Captain Sim 767 and the US Air Force and FS2004

I just wanted to say that Captain Sim's 767 looks pretty amazing so far. The model can't be beaten, and I was particularly amazed at the two new shots of the overhead panel, they look like real photos at least the one in the day lighting does. I own the LDS 767 also and am happy with it, but I will definately buy Captain Sim's 767 as it has more models (200-400) and the model looks better, and for the fact that I have lots of extra money laying around that I don't want to give to charity. Just kidding about the charity part, I give $120.00 to a different charity every year. I'm going to write them an email to find out which aircraft they are going to release first, their C-130 or their 767, I know that people complain about Captain Sim a lot, but my first two addons for FS2004 were PMDG's 737NG back when it first came out (I've been buying from PMDG since their very first product) and also Captain Sim's 727 which blew me away, really! I'll be honest, these guys are good and I would hate to see them go out of business, because people say a lot of negative stuff about them, when most of the things said really have nothing to do with product quality. Also, the US Air Force has taken notice of their 707 and decided to make their own panel and aircraft model for FS2004 for us to train our AWACS pilots, I would love to show you all the video as it shows a lot of FS2004 and some key addons that we enjoy today. Who would of thought the most powerful Air Force in the world would be interested in FS2004? (I did! for one), Actually I can't speak for the entire Air Force as this is an AWACS thing, but air refueling was a key feature as well as weather. Anyways our leadership here in the AWACS community seemed to be blown away by FS2004, so much so that we have government contractors making a fully featured AWACS addon from scratch (gauges, panel, everything)it would be interesting to see howwell government contractors can make an aircraft compared to some of the other developers out there. One more thing I guess, the Air Force apparently has a photo real simulator, and by that I mean, it looks like a video recording, I'm currently working to find out more about this, I froze when I saw pictures of this thing, more to come. Sorry about the rambling on and on, but I am on on TDY so, I'm sitting here with a rum and coke and pretty much have nothing better to do.Thanks!Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Actually, the USAF isn't using Captain Sim's E-3, but they did feature it in a video they made to demonstrate the benefits of FS2004 to our flight deck crew members. They actually discovered the potential of FS2004 by finding Captain Sim's AWACS on the internet and like I said were, apparently, amazed. Anyway, this video is obscure and was hard to find, but it did have names on it and I actually ran into the pilot who's name was featured on it and asked him about it. But like I said, we have government contractors making an AWACS for FS2004, and I think that's they key statement in my post. I'd love to post this video as I'm sure a lot of you out there would like to see what the Air Force thinks about FS2004.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Chris, my name is Jeff, but no big deal. Yes, I would love to show those interested this video, I thought it was the coolest thing to see our (US) gov't using MSFS for training. I will ask for permission next Monday, and hopefully will be able to post it that day. Ricardo, I realize that there are some language barriers here, but I'll try to explain this to you clearly. I didn't ask where Captain Sim was, I know where Captain Sim is, I email them every once and while to find out what the latest is. Good try though.Jeff USAF

Jeff

You know, the Navy's been training their student pilots with MSFS since either FS98 or FS2000. They started with a T-34 setup and scenery for their training grounds at Corpus. I think it's grown to be a pretty big part of their curriculum now.

Guest A321

>http://www.captainsim.com/767/>>It looks like a LevelD beater. The artwork is far far better.>>I guess we will see in about oh......2029Only kidding, could not resist that :)Jason

Guest LLgaz

OK.....I'll give captain sim kudos for great eye candy every time. But does anyone here actually think that the CaptainSim 767 will be better than the LDS 767 in terms of systems modelling, panel functionality, FMC systems, Flight Dynamics, etc.?Seriously?I'll be looking forward to those reports.......

Just check the Captain Sim forum for the latest :-) .

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

OK.....I'll give captain sim kudos for great eye candy every time. But does anyone here actually think that the CaptainSim 767 will be better than the LDS 767 in terms of systems modelling, panel functionality, FMC systems, Flight Dynamics, etc.?No but it does look good. I have the all the 767 I need. Wish they would have put out the 757 first.

Chris, sorry about that I missed that last question, I am A1C I will be SrA in two months, and if I can't get a pilot spot by the end of my enlistment, I will be civillian below the zone.Jeff

Jeff

Guest Lobaeux4

Hehe, you'll be off to Home Air Force Base, eh?Anyways, we had a pretty forward thinking DO who went out and bought MSFS9, CH Yoke and Rudder Pedals to get guys doing a little instrument practise in the flight planning room. He thought it would be nice to do, and would be able to help guys out. What happened? AMC put a big squash on that! There was no way we were going to be able to use MSFS for any sort of training at all! Now, I'm not a cynical person, but I bet Lockheed Martin got that little experiment squashed the moment they heard about it. They're the civilian contractor that runs our simulators. AMC said it was so we wouldn't learn any "negative behaviours, things we'd do wrong in the cockpit" So, instead, if we want any practise at all, it's sitting in a chair and imagining a flight. What everyone calls "Chair Flying".But, it's great that you guys get to do that.