Sign in to follow this  
BestPlane

NGX SP2

hey,

maybe someone can tell me where on the roadmap the NGX SP2 is placed or if it is still on the roadmap at all. 

Between the 300er or the 747 v2? :)

Best regards

Manuel Miller

I don`t think PMDG are interested any more with the NGX....SP2 forget it.........

After two years, regrettably i doubt it!

I don`t think PMDG are interested any more with the NGX....SP2 forget it.........

^^^

Sign your name to your posts, or it'll be deleted.  Moreover, do some fact-checking before posting next time.

To correct both of your grossly incorrect statements:

If you'd been paying more attention, you would know that SP2 was - and always had been - an SP meant to take advantage of the improvements seen in the 777.  You can't release a SP with the improvements from the 777 without the 777, can you?  No, you can't.  Since the SP1 hasn't yet been released for the 777 (read as "stable 777 code that can be sent back to the 737"), then there's no reason to send any of the 777 code back to the 737.

It's not a time-based metric; rather, it's one of completeness.  In order to have an SP2 for the NGX, the code for the 777 needs to be stable.  Once the 777 SP1 is released, that will be the case.

Next time, educate first - then open mouth...

Kyle Rodgers

If you want to know if a bug is going to be fixed then that is what you should ask as you can always get a yes or no answer from the pmdg team as that is all that matters.

-Paul-

will there be fixed cockpit windows in the NGX SP2 because i think they are little bit to tall. i compared them with real pictures and in a real 737 cockpit i got this nice feeling of narrowness when i look trough the windows. this would be very nice. when i see the pmdg 737 cockpitwindows it pretty much looks like a panorama window ^^ i certainly would by it if this will be fixed. i would love then to feel a 737 environment.

Dear Kyle,

I think your comments to me young man, to say the least were offensive.......What I said was my opinion which I am entitled to.......

I would never reply to a post the way you did, and it did upset me........That is why I have not replied till now..............I take note of your comments and in retrospect... I did not think of the work involved by PMDG to make this happen, and I am sorry I did not take that into consideration.....

Regards

Brian.

I think your comments to me young man, to say the least were offensive.......What I said was my opinion which I am entitled to.......

Yet most people would also find talking down to someone and calling them a "young man" as if they were your parent equally offensive...hmm...

The problem with opinions, when passed off as fact, is that they can cause harm.  You didn't just say "I don't think they're interested anymore."  You followed it up with "forget it."  At that point, it ceased to become and opinion, and it became an assertion of fact.  You instructed someone to act, based on your opinion.  That blurry line where opinions are simply okay to exist as opinions (which is, by and large, true), was crossed.  That's what I took issue with.

The commentary was admittedly harsh, yes (and I received a PM from a mod noting that fact), but the message rings true: opinions are fine, but educated opinions are better.  Misinformation is hard enough to tackle in this hobby to begin with because so many try to emulate a world that have little visibility into.  Add groups of people who simply add in their opinions without checking facts first and you really get a problem.

I hit a limit, and I came a little unhinged, but whereas I'm responsible for the words and messages that I use, so are you.  I'm sorry for being rather harsh with my earlier message, but you should really be careful about how you phrase your opinions.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thank`s for that............I take your point,..I will in future phrase my opinions a little different..........Friends..maybe...................

Brian.

Thank`s for that............I take your point,..I will in future phrase my opinions a little different..........Friends..maybe...................

As will I.  Thanks for approaching it rationally, and glad it's sorted.

Kyle Rodgers