Sign in to follow this  
Guest MattNW

Name one bug you want fixed for FS10...

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

>5. You

Guest sb55mv

god #### instability gets my vote, constant crashing to the desktop for no apparent reason, and the event viewer / Microsoft's FS9 error reporting tool tells you absolutely bugger all about what ACTUALLY caused the problem, so you can't even fix it.I would settle for that big time . . . .

"god #### instability gets my vote, constant crashing to the desktop for no apparent reason, and the event viewer / Microsoft's FS9 error reporting tool tells you absolutely bugger all about what ACTUALLY caused the problem, so you can't even fix it.I would settle for that big time ."Because many don't have the issue, I don't know that I would call stability a current bug/issue in either FS2002 or FS2004. It's certainly something to keep in the forefront of any sim, but your long specs reveal one of the reasons why stability is so hard to pin down--everyone's system is different. I haven't had a CTD in months OUTSIDE of those caused by a new add-on. Many here with various system specs share my level of "good luck".I am afraid if we force MS to give us a perfectly stable sim, that sim will appear on XBOX and won't be privy to add-ons. So I don't know if I would send FS10 forth with the mandate to seek "stability".-John

Guest Mark McG

Update the MagVarDec.bgl - this file dictates the runway headings and alignment in FS - currently it is over 11 years out of date.

Not really a bug, but I'd like to see the user have the options of setting up ATC options. For example, I hate when my IFR flight plan gets cancelled. Give us options to have our IFR flights plans cancelled or not. Allow us to configure ATC as to weather 1800ft/min is the rate of desent we want, how fast we should be allowed to turn etc. Give us the option to request desent, instead of waiting for ATC to tell us.

The ground friction coefficient is way too high in MSFS. The ground physics need to be overhauled. The ground physics in Airline Simulator 2 put MSFS to shame :(

Guest ScottPilot

I know this has been mentioned already....but definately solid overcast layers and the ability to have different layers of visibility.I do 90% of my flying under IMC to shoot approaches, so this is very important to me!Happy Simming!Scott :)ATP/CFII - Instructor Pilot USAFA, Colorado Springs, CO

Guest J_Niny

>I would like to see the undocking procedure revert to how it was in >FS 2002. It's a pain to have to go to windowed mode to undock then >go back to full window.DITTO!!Jorge Niny

Guest BeachComer

Scott said: solid overcast layers and the ability to have different layers of visibility.I'll third that and underline it 300 times! I detest not having solid high cirrus overcasts. These are common around here (Texas), where I've had to grind along in the King Air at FL200 for two hours in the white stuff, viz about 2 miles, snow veils, etc. You don't get that in FS. Not that I think FS is chopped liver. I started with FS2 in 1984, and I remember when you had two airplanes to fly, a 172 or a Lear. Scenery was flat with some 4-sided polygons for mountains. However, I was flying airplanes then, FS was just for fun. Now that it's all the aviation I get, I want more. MORE! :9The move to station based WX was a big plus, because it got rid of "same everywhere" WX and sudden changes in clouds & viz. However, we don't have the ability to fly 450 nm in the cirrus shield without ever seeing ground or blue sky. Heck, I can have nine 10/10ths overcast layers and still see blue sky. It's just not satisfying. You don't just pop out of the clouds at 7,000' and then "blue sky" it all the way to your destination until you fall back in at 5,000'. Where's the high altitude WX?

Could you possibly "kill the ground" and have overcast looking down at white (or dark, depends upon if night or day) ground layer when in or above true overcast=1?That could be a quick patch or hack.I think it would make things better, at least from a long haul, heavy iron point of view. Frame rates would go WAY up too! 2-cents,bt

Guest x-camel-x

Collision detection AggggToday flying the Default bell 206 on the Zone I tried to fly under the default Eiffel tower when, with 50 foot to spare on either side, building crash. It

ATC and AI fixed - especially speed control, STARS and SIDS, fast runway exit (no more convoy go-arounds!!!)

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Guest wvannes

Good perspective! The perspective is not good in fs9 (and the others before): if you sit in the leftseat, you should see, when the plane is right in the middle, the airfield a bit from the left; now you have to steer (sitting in the leftseat) right in (to) the middle of the airfield and for me this was so unnatural, that for a long time, when trying to align, I always ended on the left of the runway.Now I am accustomed to this, but I still regard it as unnatural. Willem

Guest RobA

Jason, How do you get to fly on the Zone? I used to enjoy this very much but when I went back to hook up with it again, I can't find the MSFS area, only other games.Thanks for any helpRobReddng, CA