Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

300ER Beta Preview - SIA Livery Request

Hmm, I wonder if our PMDG-777 will have the HUD option available?

No, this is an after-market option, not something Boeing offers. The options we do are limited to the official Boeing ones.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This is awesome. I really hope this is the last build for the beta team. :) A release this month would be great.

Philipp Schwaegerl

SIA is one of my fav. paints on the 77W! Looks beautiful :)

regards,

Alexander Marx

Nope.

FDX is the only one I'm aware of, and it's aftermarket at that...

Might. It's really still the same aircraft, so I'm not sure how useful a tips video would be.

Thanks.

Cool shots but I really don't get why people like the ENB mod that much. In my opinion it just washes out the textures and makes colours a lot brighter. Sure, it looks cool at the horizon and provides some interesting lighting effects but remember, it's a sim and not battlefield. 

Just my opinion though. 

No, this is an after-market option, not something Boeing offers. The options we do are limited to the official Boeing ones.

Doesn't Boeing offer a HUD for the 777F? Or is my memory failing me...

Just my opinion though

An opinion I agree with

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful paint job with us, one of the best out there IMO.

Cool shots but I really don't get why people like the ENB mod that much. In my opinion it just washes out the textures and makes colours a lot brighter.

I agree but especially when taking screenshots ENB can become quite in handy.

Cool shots but I really don't get why people like the ENB mod that much. In my opinion it just washes out the textures and makes colours a lot brighter. Sure, it looks cool at the horizon and provides some interesting lighting effects but remember, it's a sim and not battlefield. 

Just my opinion though. 

In my opinion, the ENB I use makes it a lot more realistic looking.  In the real plane, when it's daylight outside, you're going to lose the gauges when you look outside, and when you look back inside, outside washes out a whole bunch.  The one I use approximates that pretty well.  Night time actually looks like night, too, which is my biggest criticism of the sim at its default (and this is coming from the guy who has a ridiculous amount of night hours - pretty sure it's over 50% of my total time now).

Moreover, the idea that you can keep your head up but still clearly see the gauges just bothers me.  Granted, cameras and the human eye process slightly differently, but an iris and an aperture work very much the same: narrow for bright, darks drop out; open for dark, brights wash out.  You can see in this video how dark the gauge look because the camera is metering for the external light (just as your eye would):

(also - ignore the weird music...it's the YouTube free stuff, and I only added it in because the time-lapse segment would've otherwise been soundless)

I agree Battlefield is a little heavy-handed on the light effect, but if you've spent any appreciable amount in a real plane and have had to continuously adjust for the disparate lighting situations, you come to appreciate what ENB does bring to the table.

Like you said, though: it's all personal preference/opinion.

Doesn't Boeing offer a HUD for the 777F? Or is my memory failing me...

Nope.  This was mentioned above.  FDX bought them and had a vendor with an STC'd mod install them.

Kyle Rodgers

In my opinion, the ENB I use makes it a lot more realistic looking.  In the real plane, when it's daylight outside, you're going to lose the gauges when you look outside, and when you look back inside, outside washes out a whole bunch.  The one I use approximates that pretty well.  Night time actually looks like night, too, which is my biggest criticism of the sim at its default (and this is coming from the guy who has a ridiculous amount of night hours - pretty sure it's over 50% of my total time now).

Moreover, the idea that you can keep your head up but still clearly see the gauges just bothers me.  Granted, cameras and the human eye process slightly differently, but an iris and an aperture work very much the same: narrow for bright, darks drop out; open for dark, brights wash out.  You can see in this video how dark the gauge look because the camera is metering for the external light (just as your eye would):

(also - ignore the weird music...it's the YouTube free stuff, and I only added it in because the time-lapse segment would've otherwise been soundless)

I agree Battlefield is a little heavy-handed on the light effect, but if you've spent any appreciable amount in a real plane and have had to continuously adjust for the disparate lighting situations, you come to appreciate what ENB does bring to the table.

Like you said, though: it's all personal preference/opinion.

I agree with all of your points, however I don't think the ENB-mod for FSX is able to replicate this particular effect and brightness adjustment of the human eye all too well.

There was a combination of sweetFX and ENB setting that I found to be the best of them all on the Flightbeam forum some time ago but I can't find the thread anymore. I'll contact the guys and see if I can get those files again - would be nice to see a comparison between various lighting mods.  

Kyle,

Where is your ENB mod from?

thanks a lot Kyle. please keep the previews coming whilst we wait for release!

Kyle,

Where is your ENB mod from?

I found it.  It was sitting upon a stone, whereupon "Whoso Pulleth Out This Mod of This Stone and Anvil, is Rightwise King Born of all Simming" was wrote.

And so, it being rightly and justly utilised in my sim...

Actually, in all seriousness I've tried so many different ones that I forgot where I got this one.  I'll PM you with a dropbox link when I get home if you want to try it out.

thanks a lot Kyle. please keep the previews coming whilst we wait for release!

Will do.  I think there will be more to come tonight.

Kyle Rodgers

I found it.  It was sitting upon a stone, whereupon "Whoso Pulleth Out This Mod of This Stone and Anvil, is Rightwise King Born of all Simming" was wrote.
And so, it being rightly and justly utilised in my sim...

Actually, in all seriousness I've tried so many different ones that I forgot where I got this one.  I'll PM you with a dropbox link when I get home if you want to try it out.

Thanks Sir Kyle...

That'd be great