Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Beta files request

Now that Steve is getting around to scenery tools (thank you, Steve!), it is time for me to start getting back to work. :rolleyes:  Well, I mean scenery design, although often it seems more demanding and engrossing than any work.

I have a certain number of ideas or initial projects, but since Steve has only released a scenery object placement compiler, terrain creation is not yet on the list. Why not start with populating Lake Hood? I'll have to check what objects are in the default libraries, and hopefully that should be a quick project for all of us to enjoy.

Nonetheless, it gets a little complicated to place objects without being able to slew around and stop over their locations long enough to read the coordinates.

I remember that the standard.xml in the beta Flight had the slew commands incorporated; unfortunately, they were removed in the RTW version. While I don't even know if slew will work in Flight (perhaps the mappings were just a holdover from FSX), I would like to try activating it.

Unfortunately, thanks to my Windows problems, I can't find my beta version anywhere. It seems to me that somebody here mentioned still having it. Could they please consider giving me the standard.xml file from the beta? With all my thanks.

Oh, yes, here is the required screenshot. :lol:

Sky_06.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

Check with kavinda

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Really COOL Luis!

When it comes time to be able to fix some scenery, I want to become a lumberjack and cut down all of those really tall pine trees at the end of runways. The little don’t, but the big ones really are annoying to me.

And oh, yes, here is the required screenshot.

Buzzing the tower.   :lol:

hjoAVoe.jpg

Yup, I did a little project with the beta files which I could give to you. I'll start a PM and we'll go from there!

Maybe, I could help out?

I wonder if we would be able to find anyone that still has the alpha files?  It would include a bunch of tools that may still work with RTW version of Flight. (resample would be the most useful)

Alpha Files? What alpha files? Were tools for Flight ever released?

And also.... Stone, do you know how to get the Slew working in the Beta Version of Flight?

There was an alpha version that went out to select 3rd party developers that included the tools, but it was over a year before Flight released so there might have been changes.

Was there slewing in the beta version?  I think it was disabled.

The "standard.xml" shows references to slewing, but it does not work on the Beta.  :(

I never used the slew in the beta, I don't think it was ever enabled.

I remember that the standard.xml in the beta Flight had the slew commands incorporated; unfortunately, they were removed in the RTW version. While I don't even know if slew will work in Flight (perhaps the mappings were just a holdover from FSX), I would like to try activating it.

Yeah, slewing is compiled out of the code for public releases, so there is no easy way to get it working.