Sign in to follow this  
ClearedtoLand

How many PMDG 737NGX Liveries do you have installed?

Recently I had to do a clean install of FSX after having had to reset my computer to factory settings. Naturally, installing all the scenery files took the most time as most of those have to be done manually, followed by installing the liveries for the 737NGX. This made me wonder whether I may have too many liveries for what is my favourite plane, compared to one for the 777, one for the Jetstream and five for the 747 400X. That made me wonder whether I am nuts, which made me wonder how many liveries other users of the 737NGX have installed, and have you used all of them, or are there a few on there for just in case?

The 737, 738, and 739 are all painted in Delta colors. I may bring on the 736 to cover the 717's routes in the near future.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

It's proportional to the use of the aircraft - my 800 has the most, followed by the 700.

If I had to guess, I'd say:

600: 1

700: 4

800: 8

900: 2

Despite having gobs and gobs of room on my HD, I usually don't add liveries until I need them (and I usually don't fly much outside of the United States, despite my recent tour).

Kyle Rodgers

600: Pan Am, Austrian, Janet, Boeing

700: Delta, Alaska, primer green

800: Delta current, Delta Color in Motion, Delta classic, Delta Skyteam Alaska, Alaska Salmon, ANA, Pan Am

900: Boeing, Delta

Inactive

Like Kyle I mostly fly in the US. I've installed all of the US carrier liveries from the PMDG website that had varyfied equipment configurations and I plan to fly each of them at some point. I really like the -600 so I've installed many of the liveries by Steve Stubbs, I especially like some of the legacy airlines he did for the -600, like Republic, Piedmont, Eastern, Ozark, PanAm, and TWA. Interestingly I see that Eastern Airlines will be returning to service IRL, http://easternairlines.aero/%C2'>

Beyond that I like to install unique paint jobs like Alaska Airlines, Portland Timbers and the "One's" of Southwest.

Dave

Dave Paige

-700WL: 12

-800WL: 5

Really just two major german airlines that operate the NG. Since those liveries all have accurate airline configarations of their real counterparts I tend to keep it simple and get used to one specific airline. Air Berlin for instance is one of very few airlines (at least in Europe) who have the fail operational system installed as standard. 

i'll add GEC and BOX to that collection as soon as I get the 777. 

and I usually don't fly much outside of the United States

Come out and play! Big world out there  :lol:

Come out and play! Big world out there  :lol:

I actually pre-fly a bunch of my real world flight by flying them in the sim first (for my own small GA stuff - the sim is indispensable in giving me visual cues for flying to new fields).  Other than that, I usually just fly routes that my friends have flown (as crew or passengers), and since my friends are all somewhat local, if it's international, it's usually out and back.

I think most of it is just that I understand the FAA and how it works so well that I feel a little lost on what I should do in other areas.

I universitet var jeg medlem i Scandinavian Virtual flyselskapet.  Da var jeg alltid i Norge, Danmark og Sverige.  FS9 hadde "Norske Flyplasser" scenery, som var veldig bra.  Synes jeg at der er ikke noget like den i FSX, men Wim Sjoholm forutsatt denne linken her, som jeg ikke har prøvd ennå:

(^ that may be really bad - har ikke snakket Norsk i svært lang tid :ph34r: )

Kyle Rodgers

I have actually really enjoyed some flying in Europe, mostly Spain, on VATSIM. Interestingly, I find the controllers there are very good. For FS9, I found some great, free, Spanish airport sceneries, not so much for FSX though.

Speaking of liveries again, what I miss are some of the liveries I used to have for the PMDG 737NG for FS9. Like Hooters Air, Midway Airlines, Air Florida and some others I can't even remember now.

Dave

Dave Paige

600      = 26

700      = 25

700WL = 62

800      = 35

800WL = 157

900       = 4

900WL = 34

har ikke snakket Norsk i svært lang tid

Kyle, that wasn't bad at all. All of it made sense. Lol. Did you use google translate or was it all you? 

Yes, freeware FSX scenery for Norway is very accurate. We are very fortunate to have a great bunch of people in the Norwegian sim community. Also, there is good quality payware available for several of the largest airports (and Bergen is due for release right around the corner).  

Nevertheless, I see what you're saying. For the most part I fly in Europe, but having flown real world in FAA land when I was young(er), I like to visit the US in FSX every now and again.  :rolleyes:

Kyle, that wasn't bad at all. All of it made sense. Lol. Did you use google translate or was it all you? 

All me, but I always have to concentrate pretty hard on sounding proper.  I learned Norsk in Hommersåk, so I speak the dialekt that was voted the ugliest at one point in time (http://www.nrk.no/rogaland/norges-styggeste-dialekt_-1.7975787).  It's still kinda difficult for me to manage the slangy Nynorsk that I learned when I stayed over there, and the overly proper Bokmål that I taught myself with books and CDs.  To me, they're almost like separate languages sometimes.

Yes, freeware FSX scenery for Norway is very accurate. We are very fortunate to have a great bunch of people in the Norwegian sim community. Also, there is good quality payware available for several of the largest airports (and Bergen is due for release right around the corner).  

Anyone have a decent scenery that has Preikestolen in it? ha ha

Have any links to some favorites, or should I stick with the link I posted earlier?

Kyle Rodgers

Have any links to some favorites, or should I stick with the link I posted earlier?

That's the one I use as well. But it is constantly updated, so make sure you are on the ball on that (ikke sikkert det er så nøye, men) ^_^

For payware, look to Aerosoft.com