Sign in to follow this  
ClearedtoLand

How many PMDG 737NGX Liveries do you have installed?

Some fascinating responses here, I'll have a proper read through it when I get home tonight.

I'm curious about how you guys go about selecting a flight. Do you choose airline first and then departure and arrival airport or the other way round? Or some other way?

I'm curious about how you guys go about selecting a flight. Do you choose airline first and then departure and arrival airport or the other way round?

Call me a nerd, but I always fly routes/aircraft based on real ops. :P

Sometimes I check what flights are leaving from a given departure airport and then I fly the route in realtime.

Never fictional routes/airlines.

If I fly a fictional route it is in a "BBJ" livery. 

Call me a nerd, but I always fly routes/aircraft based on real ops. :P

Sometimes I check what flights are leaving from a given departure airport and then I fly the route in realtime.

Never fictional routes/airlines.

If I fly a fictional route it is in a "BBJ" livery.

That's pretty much the way I do it as well. I recently took a USAF VIP 737-700 from Hong Kong to Cuba via Diego Garcia and Accra, but that mostly to see whether I could do an 11 hour flight with that plane.

Short answer is, yes you can, with full fuel, 3.1% load and CI 0.

I also like to fly routes that I have done on the relevant airline, but where that the airline isn't option, I would choose one that flies the route.

So, no, no nerd calling here ... Unless it is meant as a compliment.

So, no, no nerd calling here ... Unless it is meant as a compliment.

Thanks!  B) I like it.

Some fascinating responses here, I'll have a proper read through it when I get home tonight.

I'm curious about how you guys go about selecting a flight. Do you choose airline first and then departure and arrival airport or the other way round? Or some other way?

I go to flightaware and pick the plane I'm interested in. Then I just scroll and scroll until I see something that sounds fun or interesting. I also do real OPS, the right plane of the right livery on the right route.

The 737, 738, and 739 are all painted in Delta colors. I may bring on the 736 to cover the 717's routes in the near future.

Kenny, do you stick to Delta for other aircraft as well, such as the 777, if you have it?

20-30-40? something like that

I know the feeling, I had to do a count as well today before starting the topic because I just wasn't sure. Now that I am sure, I am wondering whether I shouldn't cut it down a bit. But I recently bought a few US airports and I have no US airline liveries, maybe I'll do a few swaps.

Worst of all is, of the 40 liveries that I have installed, there are an additional 68 zipped up on my external hard drive.

Not bad for a plane I thought I would skip.

It's proportional to the use of the aircraft - my 800 has the most, followed by the 700.

If I had to guess, I'd say:

600: 1

700: 4

800: 8

900: 2

Despite having gobs and gobs of room on my HD, I usually don't add liveries until I need them (and I usually don't fly much outside of the United States, despite my recent tour).

I have to say, Kyle, I was a bit surprised to read that you mentioned you prefer the 737 over the 777 in that thread about choosing between the 737 and the 777, but after reading your comments here about how you use FSX, it makes sense. But as Daniel said, it's a big world out there, and I am sure that sooner rather than later you will get to know European regulations as well as you do American ones, and we will see you zipping across the skies of Europe in an Air Berlin 737 going to LEPA. Or maybe a Pegasus one going to Bodrum, Turkey. Now there is a place worth going to.

And off topic, how many languages do you speak? Norwegian, German, English, and ...?

600      = 26

700      = 25

700WL = 62

800      = 35

800WL = 157

900       = 4

900WL = 34

Sebastian, that is truly impressive, I wonder whether you hold the record for most liveries. Just your 900's are almost equal to the total number of liveries I have. How do you decide which one to use?

I have actually really enjoyed some flying in Europe, mostly Spain, on VATSIM. Interestingly, I find the controllers there are very good. For FS9, I found some great, free, Spanish airport sceneries, not so much for FSX though.

Speaking of liveries again, what I miss are some of the liveries I used to have for the PMDG 737NG for FS9. Like Hooters Air, Midway Airlines, Air Florida and some others I can't even remember now.

Dave

I love flying over Europe, though I never use VATSIM, I tend not to talk to ATC from the moment they hand me off after departure till the point where I need to find out which runway I am supposed to head to. With regards to destinations, I choose ones which I have been to, and have bought pay ware scenery for those airports, or ones that I bought scenery for purely because it is in Europe somewhere. One of my favourites is Palma de Mallorca, which is where I spent last proper weekend break away. I have most of UK2000's airports, and given that EGSS (Stansted) is just up the road from me, that is the airport I fly from the most on FSX. I've also built up a considerable freeware airport list for mostly eastern Europe. At this point in time, British members will be thinking Ryanair ... and they would be right.

I didn't know any of those liveries existed for the FS9 version, I am having tough time as it is choosing among contemporary ones. But when I still used the JF 747-200/300, I spent hours at a time looking for old liveries for those aircraft. There are days that I miss that plane.

700WL - 22

800WL - 36

900WL- 6

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

And off topic, how many languages do you speak? Norwegian, German, English, and ...?

English, German (fluently if you give me a few days to get back into it - almost minored in it when I was at Virginia Tech...I'm alive because I didn't), and Norwegian (I'll lump Danish and Swedish in there, too - I don't speak either of them with much skill, but I can read both at a decent level).  I'm also teaching myself Italian.  I go snowboarding up in northern Italy in every January.  Most people up there speak German, Italian and English, so I'm usually okay with German or English, but some people come up from the south and only really speak Italian, so I figured I'd learn some.

Kyle Rodgers

700 = 1 Fictional BA

800WL = 2, Ryanair and again, fictional BA.

Those are my VA's so that's all I install :wink:

Chris Howard

English, German (fluently if you give me a few days to get back into it - almost minored in it when I was at Virginia Tech...I'm alive because I didn't), and Norwegian (I'll lump Danish and Swedish in there, too - I don't speak either of them with much skill, but I can read both at a decent level).  I'm also teaching myself Italian.  I go snowboarding up in northern Italy in every January.  Most people up there speak German, Italian and English, so I'm usually okay with German or English, but some people come up from the south and only really speak Italian, so I figured I'd learn some.

Didn't know you speak German. Definitely one of the harder languages to learn for an english native speaker with its unique grammar. 

When I was in Italy last fall I was getting along with English and German perfectly fine, since most of the people there speak one of those languages...but then again, I only was in the northern part of Italy which is close to Switzerland. 

Didn't know you speak German. Definitely one of the harder languages to learn for an english native speaker with its unique grammar. 

Yep - that and word order.

When I was in Italy last fall I was getting along with English and German perfectly fine, since most of the people there speak one of those languages...but then again, I only was in the northern part of Italy which is close to Switzerland. 

Definitely didn't have any issues on the business side (I was up in Villabassa, which is probably close to where you were, but closer to Austria), but on the personal side, a lot of the people in the group spoke Italian only.

Kyle Rodgers